Chapter 7

Y/N's POV

I watched in glee as Camilo started to panic.

"Mi Vida, Amor, please Mi Corazon, I beg of you don't do what I think your gonna do." He begged me as he held my hand with both of his. His eyes were big and wide in vain of convincing me. The pet names almost made me buckle but the mischief in me won out. I looked out at the kids growing ever closer and looked back down at Camilo who was practically on his knees at this point. I giggled. His face fell.

I concentrated on Dolores and felt the ground vanish from beneath me as I teleported. Quickly the ground met me again and next to me was Dolores. She was already looking at me with a smile. She shook her head at me as I broke out into laughter. Ahhhh, poor Camilo.

"Having fun are we?"

I rolled my eyes goodnaturedly, "Always Dolores, always." We linked arms like usual and walked together.

As we browsed for groceries I thought back to this morning.

"Dolores." She made an mm sound in response.

"What do you think Mirabel is going to do?"

She paused for a second and put down the dragon fruit she was examining. She looked at me and sighed.

"Well, judging by her conversation with Luisa earlier that I heard, she is going to try and find," She glanced around anxiously before leaning close to my ear to whisper, "Bruno's last vision from just before he left."

My eyes widened. "What? Why?"

Dolores continued to keep her voice low, "She thinks something is wrong with the magic." She paused before asking me a question glancing at me with poorly hidden concern in her eyes, "Have your powers been working fine?"

I took a minute to think, my powers have never failed me before. But it has been feeling different I suppose. It's been taking a bit more energy than it normally has, it's like when I first teleported when I was a kid, it used to take a lot out of me but now I'm used to it and it usually doesn't.

I hesitantly gave her an answer. "No, everything's fine."

She didn't seem convinced, hell, I definitely wasn't. "You'd tell me if something was wrong right?"

I nodded quickly, "Of course!" She slowly nodded back with a small hmm. I tightened my grip around her arm and laid my head on her shoulder. I felt her head knock against mine as she softly squeezed my arm back. We didn't always need words to express our love for each other.

I lifted my head back up as I asked, "Was that everything Tia Julietta needed?"

"Mhm, we can head back now."

With that said I took a deep breath. I felt Dolores eyeing me to see if I was lying earlier about my powers being fine. The sparkles danced around my vision and the landscape changed, now we stood in front of Casita. Casita waved at us and I smiled back despite the wave of exhaustion that threatened my balance.

I had to take another deep breath and blink hard to remove the drowsiness. Dolores and I walked into the kitchen and set the basket of food on the counter for Tia to use when she needed it.

I looked up just in time to see Mirabel run into her Abuela. The front door slammed open making both Dolores and I jump. Luisa ran up the stairs panicking.

"My gift!! I'm losing my gift!"

My eyes widened. I couldn't hear anything else that was said after that. The church bells started to ring. Both Dolores and I shared a look of concern. I had a feeling that tonight would not be a good night.