Chapter XIV

I frowned at the male in front of me, my eyebrows drawing together in agitation

I frowned at the male in front of me, my eyebrows drawing together in agitation. I hardly wanted to talk right now, when I was still trying to figure everything out in my own head. I shifted from one foot to the other, my hand keeping my towel on.

"Sure. Whatever. Let me get changed first." I said curtly as I entered my room. I heard him enter behind me and close the door, which for some reason aggravated me further. Sure I hadn't told him to stay out there, but I hadn't exactly invited him in. Whatever, I grabbed a simple shirt and shorts along with my underwear, going into my bathroom to change.

As I tugged my clothes on, my thoughts we racing a mile a minute. What in the world would he say to me? I was already embarrassed enough for even thinking that he would want me to stick around for longer. Anything he said would just make everything worse. Even if it hurt, I could deal with going back to how we usually were.

Biting my nails, I paced around before deciding to just listen to what he had to say. Adjusting myself in the mirror, I took a deep breath and let it out, trying to calm my nerves.

Once I finished, I stepped out and saw Bakugo sitting on my bed, looking awkward. He opened his mouth and then quickly closed it. He glanced at me and looked away, and I let out a slight huff.

"So are you gonna talk, or just sit there." I said with a small frown. He met my eyes, and I was slightly surprised to see his expression. It looked like a mix of apprehension and anxiety, two things I had never ever see Bakugo show.

"I..I came to apologize." He said slowly, as if the words hadn't come out of his mouth in a long time. My eyebrows shot up, this wasn't what I had expected at all.

"Ok...for what?" I said, trying to hide my surprise. Bakugo looked up, letting a sigh out before replying.

"For being a dick. I didn't think about it until after you left-"

"Actually, you kicked me out." I cut him off, my lips pursing into a thin line. He huffed at me, obviously annoyed that I had interrupted him.

"Let me finish Bumbles. The reason I rushed you is because... I didn't want get out of bed. I wanted to stay there with you all day. And that scared the shit out of me. You piss me off almost as much as Deku, yet here I am, regretting my words. And you might not even feel the same way, which makes this even worse. Fuck. Never mind. Forget it. Pretend you never heard this." He spoke faster at the end, leaping up and striding towards the door.

I stood there for a second, stunned at the confession. But then I was after him, grabbing his arm before he could open the door. He whirled around, his vibrant eyes meeting mine as I let go. I swallowed the lump in my throat, and put my arms around him.

His hands hung limp around him for a second, before they came up and around me, holding me close. Warmth emanated from Bakugo's body, enveloping me. I felt tears spring to my eyes, but I couldn't place why. I let a shaky breath out.

"I do." I croaked out after a second of hesitation. Bakugo went still, as if he had suddenly become statue.

"You do?" He echoed to me, seeming confused. I smiled to myself slightly, articulating the words I wanted to say to him.

"I do feel the same. About the pissing off part and not wanting to let you go. You're the most infuriating person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting, but you draw me in, like a fly to honey. I wish I knew why, but I want to be by your side, even when we are fighting." I let the words fall from my mouth, getting out everything I had wanted to say in one go.

I stood there now, looking up at him, waiting for a reply. He seemed to be processing what I had said, as a genuine smile overtook his face, creasing the corners of his eyes.

He let out a laugh, shaking his head.

"So you're telling me, I was stressing for nothing? Damn. You really got me bumbles." I stuck my tongue out at him, which he returned.

"I only got you cause you got me first. M'kay Kit-Kat?" I teased him lightly, my cheeks flushed from hearing his laughter. It wasn't often I got to hear it, and it brought me joy to hear it.

He brought his face to mine, his hand moving a piece of hair behind my ear, and staying there.

"I really want to kiss you right now, can I?" He murmured quietly, so soft I almost didn't hear it. I nodded, pressing my lips to his softly. My heart was racing, and I could feel how warm my cheeks felt. However when I placed my hand on Bakugo's chest, I could feel his heartbeat going as wild as mine, which was comforting.

Breaking away from the kiss, I pulled away with a smile. I took his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers.

"Say...do you wanna go out sometime? I wanna get to know you better. Outside of our arguments, I don't really know how you feel about stuff." I asked him with a smile.

Bakugo looked at me with a small smirk on his face, before responding.

"Only if I can pick the place."

I rolled my eyes slightly before nodding.

"It's a date then."

———💛🍯💛———
Sorry for taking so long to update, I just have not been feeling creative :skull:. I can't promise and say I'll start uploading more, but I am going to try. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter
XOXO, Bee
———💛🍯💛———

 Hope you guys enjoyed this chapterXOXO, Bee———💛🍯💛———