CHAPTER V

During the entire weekend, Beomgyu didn't get a single message from his Mono. Of course, that didn't stop him from texting the younger.

Are you eating well?

How did you sleep?

How are you feeling today?

Make sure to take care of yourself <3

Taehyun never read a single one.

Beomgyu continuously read through the messages he had sent, wondering if he should stop.

Am I driving him away?

By the time Monday afternoon came around, Beomgyu walked into class late, feeling distressed. But his mood instantly lifted when he saw Taehyun sitting at his desk. But something was wrong. Beomgyu could feel it. His Mono's eyes looked dead, his complexion was pale. Soobin saw him and pulled him to the back of the classroom.

"He hasn't said a word all day," Soobin whispered.

"Is he sick?" Beomgyu asked, filled with immediate concern.

"I don't know. Huening Kai just spent the last ten minutes trying to make him laugh."

"And?" Beomgyu asked hopefully.

"Nothing."

Beomgyu's shoulder's sank in disappointment and decided to take matters into his own hands. He sat down in front of Taehyun, the boy simply glaring right past him with cold eyes. Hesitantly, he lifted his hand and gently traced his fingers down the side of the younger's jaw.

He got a reaction right away. He felt the boy shiver ever so slightly. Taehyun bit his lower lip as he tried to keep himself composed.

"Taehyunie." His voice was gentle. "Don't look at me like that. I wasn't lying to you. You can talk to me about anything."

Beomgyu wasn't prepared when the younger suddenly grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him out into the empty hallway. Taehyun's grip was tight and firm as he led Beomgyu into one of the science labs. Taehyun slammed the door behind them and released the older. His brown hair fell into his dark eyes as Taehyun glared at the older.

"Stop making this harder than it already is!"

"Taehyun-"

"Stay the fuck away from me. I want nothing to do with you!"

"Taehyun, please hear me out!" Beomgyu exclaimed, blocking him from leaving the room.

"I could kill you. I could rip you apart right here, right now, and eat every bit of your flesh! I could hurt Soobin or Huening Kai. Let me go before I hurt you!" he screamed.

Taehyun moved to grab Beomgyu to get him away from the door, but he ended up pulling off the older's mask. Time seemed to freeze as Beomgyu's black mask hung limply from his ear. Taehyun's eyes glittered as they filled with color. His lips parted for a moment in wonder and awe. Then he collapsed with Beomgyu right there to catch the boy. Beomgyu was immediately filled with guilt as he put his mask back on. He ran a hand through the boy's hair before taking him to the nurse's office.

"I'm sorry," he whispered softly, despite the younger boy not being able to hear him in his state. "I'm so sorry, Taehyun."

And just because he couldn't help himself, he pressed a gentle kiss on the boy's forehead.

__

Taehyun let out a pained groan as he regained consciousness. But the pain had been so worth it to be able to see color again. His eyes immediately flickered to the painting of the ocean he had seen after his first color rush.