CHAPTER VII

Taehyun felt himself being led down a dark tunnel as he held onto Beomgyu's hand tightly. At the older's request, he kept his eyes closed, laughing as he stumbled through the darkness.

"If I fall, it'll be your fault," he said accusingly.

"You know I'd never let you fall."

He felt the older's lips against his ear and shivered at his touch.

"Are you sure you're ready?"

"Yes."

Beomgyu must have seen that Taehyun had surprised himself with his quick response and chuckled softly.

"Alright then. Open your eyes."

When he did, Taehyun's first instinct was always to look into Beomgyu's eyes, his caramel brown eyes. Then his entire world exploded with color. The room was vibrant as colorful lights danced across the walls. He was hypnotized by the different intricate shapes that floated on the walls and beneath his feet. He staggered for a moment before Beomgyu managed to catch him by the arm.

"It's amazing," Taehyun breathed, his eyes shining brightly.

There was one room where there were shapes expanded into more shapes and different colors. He walked through it cautiously, as if he was afraid to step on something he wasn't supposed to.

Beomgyu mischievously kneeled down and untied one of Taehyun's shoelaces and they ran around as Taehyun tried to chase him. When he did, he threw his arms around the older, laughing happily. They continued to explore the exhibit, the younger boy pausing every so often to admire the artwork along the walls or call out the colors he recognized.

Beomgyu could never get tired of how beautifully his Mono smiled or how his happiness and excitement radiated from him.

In another room, it was filled with pink light and flowers. Taehyun held his breath as he reached out to touch one of the flowers on the wall. Beomgyu saw him hesitate so he gently rested his hand on top of the younger's and helped him slide it against the wall, his larger hand on top of the younger's smaller one.

Taehyun stared at their hands, captivated by the sight. He didn't mind it when the older dragged him around everywhere because it was Beomgyu. Beomgyu, who was always cautious, who was always making sure he wasn't hurting him. Beomgyu who was his Probe. Holding his hand felt right and safe.

About an hour later, they laid against the wall of that same room, their hands intertwined and their shoulders touching. Taehyun looked over to Beomgyu, admiring the older's visual. It was almost as if he was part of the exhibit. His jawline was sharp and his lips were a perfect, luscious pink. His caramel eyes drifted towards Taehyun's when he realized the younger was staring. For once, Taehyun didn't look away when Beomgyu caught him.

"Beom..." Taehyun began. "I've been curious about something for a little while."

"Ask away."

"Why do you wear a mask?"

Beomgyu was silent. Taehyun could see him thinking about what he would say and suddenly thought maybe he had crossed a line.

"So that when I look in the mirror, I know I'm looking at myself."

Taehyun suddenly remembered something he heard Soobin say on his first day.

"It's not like you can see his face."

"I have prosopagnosia. Facial blindness. The only face I can see," he continued, "is yours. When I first saw you, I couldn't stop looking at you because I could actually see you." He let out a sad chuckle.