Orientation

"You're getting married?" I held my phone to my ear in shock, my best friend, Hailey, was getting married. As she babbled on about her 'happily ever after', I spaced out. How could she be getting married when I didn't even have a boyfriend? It's not that I didn't try. I tried every dating app, every date night at the bar, but I just couldn't find the right person. I went on countless blind dates, but it always ended with never getting a call back. So after all of the trying, I decided to quit. Love was just not for me and that was decided.

"(Y/n)? Are you still there?" My friend's voice broke me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, congratulations, I have to get ready for work now." We said our goodbyes and I quickly began getting ready for work. With my newfound hatred of love, I took a job that would take up most of my time, a security position at the Pizza Plex. It seemed easy enough, walking around all night after closing and making sure nothing bad happened plus, I would barely have enough time to worry about myself. I threw on my uniform, which was just a white button up and black pants and headed out. The Pizza Plex was a little ways out from where I lived, the large building stood on its own. I entered as guests were leaving, a blonde girl wearing a security hat walked up to me.

"You must be (Y/n), I'm Vanessa." She held out her hand for me to shake and I took it. "Once everyone leaves, we'll get you the rest of your equipment and then I'll show the ropes." I followed her as she walked by the security gates and waved at the lasts few guests. The small amount of human employees left and then Vanessa led me to an office, she rummaged through a box and then handed me a couple items. "Ok, here's your hat, flashlight, and Fazwatch."

"Fazwatch?" I looked down at the brightly colored watch, it was purple with the wolf animatronic on it.

"Every employee has one, we can all message each other as well as see the cameras, speaking of cameras, we're in a security office." She motioned to the small office. "You'll probably spend most of your time in one of these." She showed me how the monitors worked and how the doors locked, seemed simple enough. After the run down, Vanessa gave me a tour of the Pizza Plex, it was huge, I knew that I should have visited before orientation. "The animatronics stay in their rooms at night, they do have a security protocol if someone ever does break in." Vanessa stated as we walked into a museum like area. A group of animatronics stood close together, talking amongst themselves.

"Vanessa, who's this?" The bear aniamtronic's voice boomed as he turned to look at us.

"Guys, this is (Y/n), she's the new security guard." I waved awkwardly, these animatronics were kind of scary, they were so big. "And these guys are Freddy, Roxy, Chica, and Monty, the main four." Vanessa pointed each one out as she said their name, they all smiled at me, except for the gator, he scowled.

"It's so nice to meet you!" The chicken, name Chica squealed and hugged me. She was so cute, but so creepy at the same time.

"Alright guys, time for lock down." Vanessa said in an unamused voice. Chica sighed and put me down. The robots wished each other goodnight and then headed to their greenrooms. I followed Vanessa as she continued her tour. I yawned as we walked around. "You can't be tired yet, we have until 6 a.m." She chuckled as I groaned. This job was easy, but my sleeping schedule was going to be a pain to readjust.