1 Well Being

It was hot out here in Morioh. The Speedwagon Foundation uniform did not help one bit. There was ought to be clothes specifically for summer or something to change. It was too hot! I heard that Japan's Summers were hot, but I didn't think it would rival Florida!

I was moving some materials in as the other Speedwagon Foundation group already brought Joseph in to Morioh by boat.

We got word that Akira Otoishi was Red Hot Chili Pepper and that he was defeated.

The next day, I was assigned to help Jotaro along with two other coworkers at the boat that was docked.

I learned that the infamous Jotaro was a man of little words. He just pointed and ordered with few words what to do.

With his unique hat, he usually pulled the visor to cast a shadow over his ocean eyes.

After he dismissed us, the other two left. I decided to go to the store to get something for lunch, but guess who I found there?

Jotaro.

He was handling a quite a bit of alcohol. He may had that closed-off expression on his face, but I could see in that stiffness that he was stressed out. He was beyond tense.

I came to him and asked, "Mind if I assist?"

Jotaro's eyes glanced at me, then he said, "You don't have to. You're not working."

"It's okay," I said. "I want to help." I didn't want to judge that he got so much alcohol for one or many two of Joseph wanted some. What other adult of drinking age was he around? Maybe it's so he wouldn't have to come back? But he was staying in a hotel! Where would he even store it?

I wanted to make sure he was going to do alright. Turned out he was temporarily sharing a room with the baby they found earlier and Joseph. That's must've been stressful.

I was worried for his well-being.

Jotaro nodded accepting my answer. "Okay."

I helped him out.

When we made it to his hotel room, the sun was barely dipping down the horizon. It was getting late in the evening.

I placed the drinks down on the table and asked, "You don't plan on drinking most of this, are you?"

He glanced at me, but he didn't answer as he averted his eyes. He said, "Thank you for helping me." It was like he was dismissing me.

"Jotaro... sir," I started. "With all due respect, you have a grandfather and a baby in your care right now. Drinking is okay and all, but not excessively."

"You should go back," he said. "It's going to get dark soon." He still wouldn't acknowledge the amount of alcohol I brought his attention to.

"I can take care of myself," I replied. "You're not the only one with a useful stand. I am staying if you plan on drinking a lot tonight." I stared at him waiting for him to respond despite him not looking back.

He sighed and glanced at the closed door separating us from Joseph and the baby. "Fine," he said. He walked pass me to to the alcohol and grabbed a bottle. "Do what you want."

I wondered why he didn't fight me about this. Was it because he knew I was right? Maybe he didn't have the energy. I had no idea.

He uncorked the one of the few wine bottles and sat on the couch.

I said, "I'm going to check on Joseph and the baby."

"Okay," he said.

I cracked the door open to see how the two were doing.