12. Death Anniversary

Bailey's Pov

Today was the day I dreaded the most, I didn't feel like doing anything.

All those painful memories came rushing back and I just wanted to smash something out of anger.

"BAILEY BENNETT GET YOUR ASS DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW!" My mother yelled from downstairs.

What the fuck does she want now?

Snapping me out of my thoughts, I get out of my room and make my way downstairs. I didn't see her in the living room so I walked into the kitchen.

My mother and Will were sitting down at the table while Will was drinking a beer. It looked like he had spilled some on himself.

Disgusting pig.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked her.

"Make us dinner." She said.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard her, make us dinner." Will smirked at me.

"Do you even know what today is?" I asked my mother.

She paused to think.

"Of course not." I scoffed

I walked out of the kitchen angrily, I grab my keys and head out the door. Of course she forgot, I mean how could she forgot her own sons death.

I still remember when the police showed up at the door and confirmed he was dead. After I ran and heard the gunshots I ran straight to the police station.

They said they would do whatever they can to look into it.

I remember my mother falling to the floor with her beer bottle in her hand, crying her eyes out.

I remember running up to my room and slamming my door falling to the floor against the door. Repeatedly saying it should have been me.

As if things were already bad enough.

We had a funeral, and I cried my eyes out even more. My mother started to resent me more then she already had.

All I could think about when I was driving is why? My mother couldn't even remember her own sons death, I hated her.

I hated him, why did he want me to stay with her?

I drove to the graveyard where he was buried. Getting off of my motorcycle I grab the liquor that I keep in the secret compartment.

Carrying the liquor with me I walk over to find Blazes grave. As soon as I found it I sat down and opened the bottle of vodka.

I took a swig and just sat there.

"Cheers, I hope your happy." I say to him.

"You left me alone with that bitch."

"Why couldn't it be me?"

I sat there drinking and letting the tears fall from my eyes, I hated this day. Not even Dominic knew about Blaze.

It didn't take long for the bottle of vodka to go empty, but I needed more. I needed something to numb the pain.

The memories were burned into my mind. I can't forget what happened no matter how much I wanted to.

What made everything worse that it began to pour. I was completely wet, my clothes were soaked in water. But I didn't care. Instead of leaving I stood here sitting in the rain in front of my brothers grave.

I didn't care that it was thundering and lightning, I didn't care that I was soaked. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted the pain to go away, and since I had no more vodka I laid down in the grass.