019. drunken confession

when savana successfully arrived at the gryffindor common room.

she started fixing her dress first before muttering the password hermione had told her, causing the painting to eventually open.

as she glance at her surroundings, the room was filled with drunk people dancing freely to themselves, the others were sucking each other's face off that made savana herself cringe at the sight.

moving her attention to something else, that's when she saw harry who's already drunk.

he was dressed in a simple white collar shirt with black jeans, making small attempts to fix his disheveled hair but failed miserably, his cheeks had gone all flustered, a bottle of fire whiskey was placed on his right hand.

savana gape at his direction for a moment but her eyes widened slightly as his green eyes met her brown ones, he waved at her — she rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless.

making her way to the bespectacled boy, a huge grin had appeared across his lips as he gaze her.

"hello, love." said harry, "didn't saw you coming in."

"that's because you're too busy zoning out."

"and you're too busy admiring me from afar." the boy smirked. savana however, threw a look of distaste at his direction.

she scowled, "keep dreaming, potter."

"oh i will."

the party went on, ron enjoying his life, hermione throwing disapproving looks at his direction but also fighting the urge to smile, harry flirting with savana as usual causing savana to made a disgusted face at him.

hours had passed, savana started to get a little tipsy, she and harry were sitting in the scarlet sofa together.

when the party had come to an end, people decided to start and get back to their dorms, leaving the duo in the sofa and a passed out ron laying on the floor.

"can i tell you something?" harry slurred out.

averting her eyes from the fireplace, she looked at the him, "sure?" savana replied unsurely.

"i like someone."

"can i tell you something?"

"sure."

"i don't give a fuck." savana muttered quietly for him to only hear, his expression faltered.

once she saw his change of look, she burst out laughing.

"you're mean." harry scoffed, but secretly biting his lips to stop himself from grinning.

"thanks."

there was a thick silence for a moment, neither of them are too busy gazing at the fireplace.

building the courage to finally speak up, he let out a shaky breath.

"i like you, sav." harry spoke quietly but savana manage to hear him somehow.

"so do i."

"i'm not kidding, i do like you."

"you're drunk." she laughed half-heartedly, looking at him in bewilderment.

"drunk words are sober thoughts, love." harry replied calmly, giving her an awkward smile.

shaking her head, not believing any words that is coming from his mouth, savana made up her mind to stand up and leave the scene behind.

"goodnight, i'm tired." the girl mumbled, pretending to fake yawn.

the bespectacled boy obviously know she's lying as he grabbed her wrist gently causing her to look at him in confusion.

pulling her close to him, harry started leaning in until their faces are merely inches away.

when their lips are about to touch, savana pushed him away from her.

"it's not funny, potter." she said, her expression firm and cold.

"i have fallen for you sav. believe me, i tried stopping myself but i-" he trailed off, "....i just can't." harry muttered weakly.

"don't say that."

"give me another chance sav, i swear i won't fucked it up this time." harry cried, his voice was filled with so much hope and desperation.

"and if i did, you'll leave me again." she whispered, her voice cracking slightly.

harry frowned at the girl, placing his hands against her skin causing her to look at him.

"that's why i'm asking you to try again, let's try again sav."

savana inhaled sharply, "i'm scared, harry."

"i'll wait for you, love. no matter how long it takes, i'll wait." harry assured her, pressing his lips to her forehead, giving it a long soft kiss.

eyes still close, a sigh has escaped savana's lips. disconnecting his lips from her skin, he fixed his gaze at her.

when savana opened his eyes, she was met with a smiling harry who's already staring at her.

she chuckled quietly, "stop looking at me, creep."

"there's a huge difference between looking and admiring."

"you're so cheesy."

"only for you, my love." harry proudly replied, throwing a teasing wink at savana.

savana only scoffed, biting the inside of her cheek to stopped herself from smiling.

"what time is it?" she asked suddenly.

checking his watch, he said "two o'clock."

"ah fuck, i need to head back." savana stated and she swoke she saw a look of disappointment in his eyes.

"i'll come with you."

"you're really that desperate to spend the time with me, hmm potter?"

harry shrugged, "i am, so what?"

the two then exited the common room not without harry's invisibility cloak with him.

while going for a walk, their conversation went on, savana laughing at his jokes, harry stealing glances at her direction who's gone unnoticed by the girl.

"and now we're here."

shuffling on his spot awkwardly, "well... goodbye then."

the bespectacled boy was about to walk away when he overheard her calling his name.

"uh, harry?" savana called, causing harry to fixed his gaze at her once again.

"yes, love?" harry asked, raising his eyesbrows at her.

"about the thing you said earlier? i don't think i'm ready." savana replied slowly, it was clear to her voice that she's anxious for his answer.

knowing what exactly what is it, he gave a soft smile, "i'm not rushing you or anything sav, like i said, i'll wait for you."

savana smiled, "alright, goodnight then."

"goodnight, sav."

author's note !

no explanation needed