047. cruel summer

( flashback )
august 1995

summer with harry has been the best feeling she had ever experienced for so long.

savana would often describe him as a piece of drug, so addictive yet dangerous.

addictive yet dangerous.

pretty much explains her growing attraction for the boy and the dangerous outcomes she'll end up facing.

savana doesn't want to face the consequences, she's too much of a coward to risk everything they have even if it meant absolutely nothing just like how they agreed to.

as time went on, it gets extremely difficult not to fall for him and she knows it.

"sav." he calls, attracting her attention.

"mhm?"

"i.." harry trailed off before pursing his lips, not sure if he should continue but he knew he had to.

"what is it, harold?"

"i think we should stop this."

savana frowned, "what do you mean?" she asked worriedly.

"this thing between us needs to be stopped."

"can you at least tell me why?" the girl inquired, somehow still confused by his sudden plea.

the bespectacled boy went completely silent and it worries her furthermore.

"answer me, harry. why do you want to stop? did i do something wrong? something-" she asked miserably.

"no!" he shouted, the slight hurt from her eyes made him wanna take back what he did. "i'm sorry, i just.. i don't–"

"you don't what?"

"i just don't think this whole thing should keep going."

"but why harry?"

"i–" he struggle to continue his sentence as he squeezed his eyes shut, harry's hand went to his forehead, massaging it aggressively.

"what?"

"sav-"

"for fucks sake harry, just answer the goddamn question!"

"i'm in love with ginny!" he shouted back, panting slightly from the quick outburst.

her mouth parted but immediately closed it again.

she couldn't believe it.

he's what?

savana could feel her whole body getting numb as her throat felt suddenly dry making it difficult for her to utter a word, both eyes are becoming glossy but too shock to even notice it.

oh.

she didn't even notice saying those phrases out loud, she didn't mean to.

the two of them went fully silent, both starting to get overwhelmed by their current situation.

she took a deep breath, finally having the courage to cut the lingering silence between them, "well, i- um.. i guess this is a goodbye then." savana stuttered out, mentally cursing herself for sounding so weak in front of him.

"look, i'm sorry sav-"

"it's bound to happen anyway," savana simply said, "besides it's not like this thing between us means something." she laughed humorlessly, he frowned.

"but it meant a lot to me-"

"you wouldn't be admitting you're in love with someone else if it did, potter." savana retorted, her tone had gone cold. harry winced at the name because she never called him by his last name, it's always been harry or harold.

she is completely aware she doesn't have the right to be mad at him for being in love with someone else, it's not like they're together.

but why does it hurt? said the voice inside her head.

he darted his attention back to her as he sighed, "why are you making such a big fuss about it?!"

"because.." she paused while gulping anxiously.

because i think i'm in love with you and it fucking hurts knowing this thing between us could never work. savana thought bitterly.

"because what? finish your sentence savana!" he demanded while pinching the bridge of his nose, starting to get impatient.

"because i fucking lo-" she abruptly stopped herself before she could say something she might regret later.

"you fucking what?"

she inhaled sharply, trying her hardest to calm herself down. "forget it, it doesn't matter." savana firmly told.

"no! something is definitely bothering you, what is it savana?" he insisted, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

"i said it doesn't matter, potter." she spat, ready to just leave and get away from the scene.

"you can't do this sav." harry pleaded, his mocking tone instantly softened before latching his hand onto her wrist, stopping her from walking away.

she only yanked his arms away, "i'll be heading now, i have somewhere to go to." savana lied, not daring to make eye contact with him.

"sav! savana!"

the girl only ignored his calls as she kept walking until she couldn't hear his voice. eyes were beginning to fill with unwanted tears that were threatening to spill at any second.

"get a fucking grip savana, a fling does not worth your tears." she murmured to herself, her voice sounding so fragile.

a summer fling can never turn into something more.

this sentence kept resurfacing inside her head, reminding herself of how much of a fool she had been.

author's note !
pretend everything about this
story already exists in the 90s ‼️