034. i can't love you

"you made it, savana!" ron exclaimed, he reached over to ruffle her hair despite her protesting against it.

"savana!" hermione beamed, her eyes were gleaming as she pulled the girl into a warm embrace that savana immediately returned.

"okay, times up." ron declared while prying savana off their embrace.

"seriously, ronald?" hermione huffed while rolling her eyes at his boyfriend's behavior.

"is that jealousy, i smell?"

"good one, but no."

savana and hermione simultaneously looked at each other, finally bursting into a fit of giggles once they both saw ron scowling at them.

"haha, very funny." he muttered in a bored tone, "can i steal my girlfriend for a minute?" ron asked while pulling hermione with him before savana could even utter a word.

rolling her eyes at the jealous boy, she smiled to herself but that was until the thought of a bespectacled boy came across her mind once again.

realizing he was still avoiding her, her smile had completely dropped as she wondered where he is.

savana would admit that she is a little nervous to face him again considering she hasn't seen him since that night but her curiosity is killing her.

"hey hermy, have you seen harry?" savana suddenly blurted out.

"umm no, i haven't-" the girl was cut off by ron's booming voice.

"there!" ron screamed while pointing his index finger behind savana.

savana whirled her attention to where he is indicating for her to look, revealing the scene that would forever haunt her.

her stomach dropped.

there he is, making out with a girl she didn't recognize.

rubbing her eyes to make sure she isn't imagining things, hoping it's not true.

but clearly, her hopes had completely vanished into a thin air once she saw the sight again.

"i should've known," she murmured to herself, tears coating her own eyes.

harry's eyes had flickered over her brown ones, a look of shock and guilt was evident in his green ones.

savana can see the look of regret in his eyes, hoping he'll just stop and reach out to her and beg for her forgiveness.

but her hopes had failed her yet again.

because he didn't do any of her wishes. instead, he forcefully brought the unknown girl's lips back to his once again, giving it a rough kiss while not breaking their eye contact.

the same eyes that brought so much happiness and comfort to savana were now cold and firm, it's almost like she couldn't recognize it anymore.

she couldn't recognize him anymore.

savana's heart shattered even more, her tears had forced their way down to her cheeks.

harry wanted to stop and fix everything once he saw the girl he love deeply, broke down silently because of him.

he hated himself for it.

but in the end, harry let his pride take over him leaving savana more vulnerable than ever.

feeling a wave of guilt wash over him until he couldn't handle it anymore.

he wanted her to loathe him for what he did.

she didn't deserve all of this.

he didn't deserve her. he never did.

so he once again closed the gap between them and kissed the unknown girl more roughly, the girl appears to love his action based on her high-pitched moan, harry cringed at the sound but didn't stop either.

ron, who seems very oblivious by the girl's sudden change of demeanor, isn't exactly bothered by his surroundings as he kept cheering for his best friend.

but hermione saw everything, and it saddens her even more seeing the same girl who never failed to make them laugh, looking all weak and miserable.

it was her first time seeing savana like this and hermione didn't think she could handle seeing her like this again.

so she nudged ron, he stopped to look at his girlfriend as if she had gone mad.

but before he could ask her why, hermione went to savana and pulled her into a tight hug to enclose the scene in front of her.

ron's mood instantly faltered as he realized what was happening.

the hug remained for a moment until savana pulled away, flashing them a forced smile.

"the party is amazing, thanks for inviting me." she spoke, hoarsely.

flickering them another forced smile before turning on her heel and storming out of the party.

"oh, he's dead." ron murmured under his breath, giving his best friend harry, a deathly glare who's simply gone unseen by the boy.

author's note !
sorry, but i had to 😇😇