new drip.

(mark's POV)

I was staring out my window at the beautiful crystalline city outside. I never imagined that even humanity would be able to create such a place, let alone animals. Although I never got the chance to see humanity go out.

Ever remember the saying, "born too late to explore the seas and too early to explore the stars"?
Well I feel like I woke up too late for the stars.

My moment of awe was interrupted when a female otter nurse brought me a plate of food along with an outfit specifically designed for my size.

"So that's why they did all the measurements?" I asked.

She nodded nervously.

Her hands shook as she placed the items down.

"Thanks" I said.

She lightly smiled and GTFO'd immediately.

I didn't like being the source of paranoia and fear, but at the same time, I suppose I deserved it for all the drama I caused.

Also news got out, according to nick. So I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few animals with racist protest banners outside.

I walked away from the window and looked down at the outfit that was placed onto my bed.

It was a back long sleeve shirt along with a pair of light gray sweatpants with zipper pockets.

They didn't give me boots because mine apparently survived. And this is also a society without shoes.
Though, I knew my boots wouldn't last long from the freeze.

I had always been cautious about building callouses my whole life. I had kept my feet soft. But if there was any time to grow them, it would be now.

I got changed and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Not bad" I said to myself.

The outfit fit much more comfortably than I expected.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said.

"I can't reach the knob" said Judy, into he other side.

I chuckled.

I walked over and opened it.

Judy and Nick walked in.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Lookin' good" said nick.

"Thanks" I said back.

"We just wanted to tell you that you are free now. I did promise to take you back to our apartment to stay until you have a place of your own so-" Judy was interrupted by Nick.

"You what?" Asked nick.

"I let him stay at our place for a bit" said Judy.

"Without telling me?" Asked nick.

"Well, I suppose I should have. Sorry about that, but I made a promise and I really don't want to just leave him on the streets, especially with the huge controversy going on out there. He wouldn't last 5 minutes out there." explained Judy.

"Yeah and I don't blame the mob outside. I was almost killed along with several others." Said nick.

"He was just scared. We have both been down that road." Said Judy.

"Pleeeeeaaaaaaasssseeeee" said Judy.

I played along.  

"Pleeeeeaaaaaaasssseeeee" I said.

"Fine" said Nick.

(Sorry guys about the false notification a little while ago. I accidentally pressed the publish button before I was done and had to  unpubish it and keep editing. Again, got lots of other projects I'm working on and I recommend you go check them out.)