Chapter one

Year 2013
"Genesis!" I yell as I grab out my phone. "You don't have to do this, I can call for help!"
"I just want you to be safe, Missy. I must do this. For you! I love you.. But I can't live anymore. They will chase me and if you stay with me I.." she sighed. A tear rolled down her face. She opened her arms wide and fell back. I started to sob as her fading body fell down so quickly, yet so slowly, into what looked like a bottomless ravine. I was in more sorrow than I've ever felt. More than when my dog, Scruffy, died. More than when I saw a dead gazelle. More than anything I've felt. Ever. I couldn't feel a part in my body. The entire land around me was empty and black. I was alone. I was a nobody.

Year 2019
I walk into the biggest building I've seen in years and look around me. Everybody was standing at their locker, chatting. The sound of the bell hurt my ears. I took a deep breath and walked into classroom 2-1. "Welcome to college," My new teacher stated sternly. "I am Miss Ganyu Yamaka. You can call me Miss Yamaka. This is Spanish. Of course, we learn how people from Spain and other places with Spanish heritage talk." Right then, My eyes started to blur and I began to zone out. I raised my hand. "So if you're looking for speech help, please go to room 2-3-- Oh! Yes, um..?" "Missy. My name is missy. May i go to the bathroom, please?" "go on ahead."

I stepped out into the hallway peeking around the corner to see if someone was there. "E-excuse me?" I tapped her on the shoulder.
"Hello!" She seemed nice and quite jolly. She looked around my age, 22 or so. She had nice hair and a cute crop top on and some ripped jeans. My stomach stopped feeling as if I'd been punched in the gut. My frown turned into a side-smile. "Hi. I'm Missy." "I'm Delilah!" Her name filled me with delight. She was the thing hiding my numbness and sorrow. I chuckled a bit. The first one in years. I don't feel a sad bone in my body. We chatted for a couple minutes. "Do you wanna hangout at lunch?" "Sure!" She began to walk away. I grabbed her shoulder. "Do you know where the bathroom is?" "Right by class 2-1. It's got a green door." "thanks."

After going to the bathroom

As I go back to room 2-1 I Think about Delilah. The thought of her makes me happy. The thought of her makes me happy. Happy. It makes me happy. The thought of her makes me happy. Why? I smirk. I sit down at my desk. "Missy, going into the bathroom doesn't take almost 10 minutes. Where have you been?" Miss Yamaka put her hands on her hips. I shrugged. I wasn't paying attention. My head was in the clouds. All I could think about was Delilah.