The New Guy:

The sleepover with Sunny went well. Aside from the whole moon fiasco, Sunny has been very talkative and uh...clingy lately. I've been wanting to talk to either him or Moon about it, but every time I do, he runs away. Today one of the kids decorated Sun in glitter glue...which he thoroughly enjoyed. I thought it was cute too until the same kid poured DRY GLITTER over the sticky substance, making sun look like a fucking Christmas ornament. It had been over a month and so far it seemed like Sun could clean himself up. Sun also still hasn't let me do any real work and insists on doing it all himself. Sure, I help out by stopping the little ones from eating crayons or talk to parents when they have a complaint, but Sun takes that over too. Like last time a mom complained her daughter's neatly styled hair and perfect outfit were pristine before entering the daycare, Sunny butted in insisting the mess boosted child creativity and earned an eye roll from the mother. He thought the conversation went well but I can tell he struggles with accepting negativity.

" Mr.Sun, Mr.Sun!! Today is my birthday, I am turning 6!!" A brunette girl with pigtails and a hot pink dress tugged on Sunny's pants leg. He put down the child he was holding and picked her up instead.

"YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOU DON'T SAY!! Six is an extremely big number Chloe, you are getting old!" He tossed her and she giggled. I smiled too and Sun looked over at me. He smiled softly and looked back at the young girl.

"Mr.Sun..for my birthday..can we please not have nap time?" She pulled at the ends of her pigtails and Sun put her down.

"Sure Chloe, since you are 6 now I guess you don't need naps!" He tickled her and she ran off towards the play set. Sun stalked towards me and stopped in front of me.

"You okay sunshine? You look a little down.." He frowned and ran his thumb over the back of my hand. I sighed and peeked over his shoulder.

"Yes Sunny. I'm just wondering who the new kid is and what he is doing in here. Doesn't he look kinda old to be in here?"

Sun furrowed his eyebrows and turned around. In the corner there was a boy, looked to be around 16. He had a mullet and some band T-shirt I couldn't make out from across the daycare. His hair was black and I think he had on combat boots. As if he could feel us staring, he looked up from his phone and stared in our direction. Sunny whipped his head back around and softened his expression.

"We get older kids in here every now and then sunbeam, don't fret." He placed a hand on my hair and pet the top of my head. I shook my head and kept watching him, as he did me.

"Nah sunny, something's off about him. He's giving me shiesty vibes." I clicked my tongue.

"Because he is emo?! (Y/N), I didn't take you for someone who would judge!" I slapped Sun's arm softly and looked at him.

"No, sun, not because he is emo-"

"Quite frankly, while we are on this topic, I thought you looked kind of emo when I first met- MMmMM,"

I stuck a sock from the lost and found bin in his mouth and hopped off the counter. I started towards the teen and plastered a smile on my face.

"Hey, what are you doing in here, lose a bet or some shit?" I sat down next to him. He slowly turned his head towards me and laughed awkwardly.

"Who, m-me? Oh, no I'm just watching my little sister is all.." He gulped.

"Really? That's sweet of you but I promise Sun and I can keep her safe-"

"It's not you I don't trust, and I don't have anything against that freaky Sun dude either.." He interrupted harshly.

"Then is there something else you are worried about?" I asked. He looked over at me and smirked.