The Roomate:

"Sunbeam? Wh-what are you doing??" Sun muttered. I snapped my head upwards and saw a very confused look on his face.

"Sunny!!" I threw my arms around his neck and he placed a hand on my back as I pulled away.

"(Y/N) where am I? A-and why am I practically nude?!" Sun dramatically covered his chest as if he had something there. I blinked and laughed at him.

"I'm so glad you're awake Sunny. We are in my bedroom right now. Mel gave me permission to fix you here." I explained.

He looked around and admired himself as well. He ran his long fingers over his forearm and settled on the stitching.

"W-We are inside your home?" He stuttered "Did you do this?" He asked, looking up at me. I couldn't tell how he was feeling.

I nodded. "I did. I did everything. Or at least I gave it my best shot." I laughed and placed a hand on the back of my neck sheepishly. Sun pulled me onto his lap and hugged me tightly. His embrace felt different. Warmer and more meaningful.

"Thank you, Sunshine. You did so well." He pressed his face into the side of my neck and I stroked the back of his head.

"Don't thank me, I had to. I couldn't bare to see you like that any longer." I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Oh, yeah..what ended up happening to those kids?" He asked, drawing circles on my back with his index finger.

"Mmm, they were arrested. Probably charged with attempted murder. Or that's what I would charge them with, anyway."

Sunny laughed softly. "Murder? The law wouldn't see it in such light. I'm guessing..breaking and entering. Damage to public property?"

"How do you know so much about crimes? You have something you aren't telling me Sunny?" I pulled away and smiled at him. He shook his head.

"It's not really my guess, it was Moon's. He also says..thank you."

"Suuure he did. Don't lie for him Sunny."

"I am not lying! I never lie! No no, lying is against the rules!"

"Tell him I said he is very welcome. I did it for both of you, you both mean a lot to me." I flicked Sun's head spikes and he started giggling.

"Ooohohoh! Well if you like us sooo much, do you consider us your BEST FRIEND?!" He started to shake.

"Alright alright, calm down. You were just repaired guys I don't need you bursting a fuse on me."

"You never said nooo~" He sung.

"Yes. You are both my bestest friend. Happy?"

"OH YES YES! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT, THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!" Sunny stood up and bonked his head on the ceiling fan.

"SUNNY! Be careful please!!" He lowered his head, rubbing it as if he felt something.

"Oouch ahhh-"

"Ouch?!"

"Yes that hurt quite..a...lot..Ouch?"

"YOU FELT THAT?!" I screamed.

"YES I-I THINK SO!!" He yelled back.

"Oh no..I think I might have messed up your wiring somehow.." I placed my hands on my head and looked up at Sun, who was not phased.

"You could never mess anything up Sunshine! It's not that bad, I'll be fiiiine hehehe."

"Oh god now you are acting like you have a concussion."

"I assure you I am not concussed."

"...what else can you feel." I asked. Sunny placed a hand on his chin and shrugged.

"I don't know. Let's find out! Touch me!"

"SUNNY DON'T SAY THAT!" I sat on the bed and Sunny followed.

"Whyyy not friend?? You obviously love touching me, I had woken up to you touching me hehehe."

"SUNNY SHUT- Sunny...I love you, but please stop wording it that way."

"Oookay (Y/N), you're the boooss~"

I buried my head in my hands and leaned back fully onto the bed.

"This blanket is very soft.." Sun said. I looked over at him and raised a brow.

"You can feel that too?"

"Sure can! And.." He reached over smiling and slid his hands under my sweater. I froze and watched him intently. "This! This too! You feel very very warm. This is great, Sunbeam! Now I can tell if the kids have a fever even better than before! Oooh this is going to be so fun!" He cheered and withdrawaled his hands. I blushed and turned over. I screamed into the mattress.

"Friend, are you alright? You seem to be stressed.."

"Mmmmfmhh mmpfmh.." I said, a face full of mattress.

"What was that?"

"I said I should probably shower. This morning I didn't get the chance to because I had to come and get you."

"I'm so very sorry (Y/N), I really did not wish to trouble you. If you would like, I can escort myself back to the pizzaplex and-"

"Sunny please, don't say shit like that you goof. I'm just glad you're okay." I sat up and placed my hand on top of his. His spikes slowly rotated, hearts filling his eyes.

"Woaaah what the fuck?" I said, reaching up to his face. He blushed and felt his face.

"What is it? Is there something on my face?!"

"No...Your eyes they're..they're hearts right now."

"M-My eyes are hearts??" He poked his own eyeball, forgetting about his new ability to feel and winced. "Ow."

I pulled out my phone and held up the camera for him to see. He plucked the phone gently from my fingers and stared at his reflection.

"Is that...me?"

"Yes. Isn't that cool as fuck?! I thought maybe I had messed up your wiring or some shit, but maybe these new parts were meant to be high tech?" I wondered. Sunny placed my phone down and looked at me, his heart shaped orbs bouncing back to normal.

"(Y/N)..." He said softly. I turned back to face him, still smiling from excitement.

"What's up Sunny, is something wrong? Do you not like it-" Before I could finish my sentence, Sunny was now smashing his lips against mine. I didn't mean to keep my eyes open, but they simply would not shut. They were stapled open from shock. He pushed himself away quickly and touched his fingers to his mouth.

"I-I'm..I'm very sorry sunshine I have no idea what has gotten into me I feel..I feel...needy when I'm around you."

1072 Words