chapter 26

I spend about two hours staying hello and thank you to everyone that came. There was loads of people I didn't even think I knew that much people. I also got a huge pile of presents way more than I usually get and way more than I've got room for I have no idea where I'm going to put everything.

After saying hello and opening everything up Lyla and Alana dragged me up stairs to get changed.

"How about this?" Lyla asked holding up an outfit she put together.

"I'm going to a birthday party not to make money on street corners." I said flatly.

"What about this?" Alana asked.

"I'm turning 18 not 818. I didn't even know I owned that."

"This?" I look at lyla.

"What old lady's house did you steal that curtain from? You guys know I can pick out my own clothes right?"

"Yup but if we let you choose you'll go downstairs in moon knows what." I rolled my eyes and fell backwards on my bed.

"This?"

"I'm not going downstairs dressed as a disco ball."

"This?"

"Birthday party not business party. You know it'd be easier if you just let me choose my own outfit."

"No. This?"

"I've got bikinis that cover more."

"This?"

"You trying to make me look like a highlighter?"

"This?"

"Who died?"

"This?"

"I'd rather not look like a traffic cone. Just let me pick my own outfit!" I tell them annoyed. Someone knocked on the door and two little heads popped into my room

"Ready yet?" Jackson asked. I smiled patting the bed beside me and they both jumped up beside me.

"Not yet still don't know what I'm going to wear."

"We help!" Luca shouted climbing down from my bed, followed by Jackson. They both ran into my closet. They came out trailing a black and white floral cami dress. Best outfit so far.

"We got you a dress." Jackson said excited.

"That would go nice with these." Lyla held up a pair of white heels.

"I'm like 6'3 I dont need heels."

"Why you not need heels? mama wears them." Luca questioned.

"Heels make you taller I'm already tall."

"I want be taller" Jackson said taking the heels from lyla.

"Me to!" Luca shouted getting a black pair out my closet. They both slipped the pairs of heels on. Which were way to big for their tiny feet. We laughed at them as they tred to walk to each other and see who is taller. I took out my phone taking pictures of them.

"Haha Luca I taller."

"No you not!"

"Yes I am."

"No, I older that makes me taller."

"What are you guys doing?" I turned to see Carmen and Matteo laughing standing at the door.

"Look mama I'm tall." Luca said as he stumbled his way towards her

"I taller." Jackson protested.

"Come on you two let's leave Braelynn to get changed." Matteo said as he picked them both up. Carmen went to take the heels off them but they push her away.

"No mama we need to show abella that we is tall." Luca scolded

"Yeah we need show abella." Jackson agreed.

"You don't mind, do you?" Carmen asked me.

"No, of course not." She smiled at me and pulled the boys away

"God I wish I had little brothers like them." Lyla laughed.

I eventually got changed and was dragged back downstairs. I ran up and hugged Emily and Ethan I haven't seen them in ages, they hugged me back.

"Happy birthday so sorry we are late someone was to proud to ask for directions. So we got a little lost." Emily Said staring her brother down.

"We didn't get lost we just took the scenic route." Ethan replied I smiled at them.

"Mhmm"

"Come on I want you guys to meet everyone." I tell them grabbing their arms.

"Hold up since a when did you talk with so many people around?" Emily questioned shocked

"I know and trust everyone here I also know if someone lifted a hand to me they'd be dead before they got to me."

"Good. Also dedushka says happy birthday." I took the bottle out the bag I smile seeing what was inside it.

"His homemade vodka I love your dedushka. Now let's get this party started"

I introduced Emily and Ethan to everyone Carmen and matteo both liked them and Leo and Rick really liked them. Val grabbed me pulling me into the kitchen away from everyone .

"You so look beautiful." He said making us sway our hips to the music playing on the radio.

"Thanks, Jackson and luca picked the dress because alana and lyla were determined to make me look like an old ladies curtains." He chuckled spinning me around.

"Yeah, I think those two are still trying to walk around with your heels on." I laughed with him.

"Val it's time." Matteo said with a smile before walking away again

"Time for what?" I questioned. He only smirked

"You'll see, mi amore." He grabbed my hand.

Val sat me down at the head of the table and Carmen walked in with a huge cake putting it in front of me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BRAELYNN HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" I blew out the candles.

Don't cry Braelynn, Don't cry, hold it together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You okay kid?" Matteo asked coming outside to sit beside me. I looks away from the stars to my right.

"Yeah. Just a little overwhelmed thats all." I answer taking a drink from my bottle. Matteo eyed it curiously.

"What are you drinking?" He asked suspiciously

"Fanta."

"Why did you wrap a bag around it?" he questioned laughing

"It was cold on my hands." I whined.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"The bottle being cold on my hands? Its been inside the fridge for like a week." I tell him, he only chuckled chuckled at me.

"That's not what I meant." he rolled his eyes

"I know, but I'm okay."

"Okay, do you wanna come inside ? Most people have gone home now and i'm sure we could find some more desert for us to eat." He smiled at me licking his lips.

"I'm going to stay out here a little longer, if that's okay with you?"

"That's fine stay out here as long as you need." He said kissing my cheek giving me a side hug. He took off his jacket putting it over me before going to the backdoor.

"Matteo?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12th april 2022