chapter 33

After we told matteo and Carmen everything they seamed okay with the fact I have a half dead brother. Carmen even invited him to dinner tonight but he declined saying he already had plans. 

After Braedon left I helped matteo start making dinner as Carmen and Val went to pick everyone up from school. Matteo decided to make deer chilli so I helped prep everything he turned the radio on and moved around dancing, well I don't know if you could class that dancing but he was moving.

"Braelynn, see that database thing you have on your phone?"

"Yeah?"

"Does it have everyone on it?"

"Yeah, why are you needing information on someone?"

"Would that be okay?"

"Yeah, sure." I wiped my hands on the dish towel and pulled out my phone setting it up for him, I handed it over to him.

"Just type the name at the top it'll come up with everyone under that name and photos. If you don't know what they look like just type the name and things you know about them it'll narrow down the search."

"Thanks." He started typing away on my phone as I cut up some more of the vegetables.

"Can I search you up?" Matteo asked with a smirk.

"I mean you can but don't expect to see anything good. I've killed more people than I like to admit."

"You are a lycan it's kind of expected of your breed to kill."

"It shouldn't be. People just give in to their beast too much" matteo only shook his head with a smile.

"Why doesn't it say that your a lycan?"

"Because its not something I want people to know. People don't mind Hybrids especially because werewolf and mermaid are a common cross but you throw lycan in that mix suddenly your a monster and everyone fears you."

"I'm sorry."

"Its fine you get used to it."

"Can I ask you a very personal question."

"It's not about intimate things like what val and I did last night is?" I ask slightly scared

"What did you and Val do last night?" His eyes went wide right after he said that. "I retract my question! I don't want to know what you two were doing last night." He squeaked out.

"Okay so what's the question?" He pointed at the Faint claw marks on my arm.

"Was it a tree?" I looked away from him. The guilt was crushing me.

"You know it'd be okay if you told me it wasn't a tree that lyla stopped you from falling from."

I looked at Matteo then down at the Faint scars on my arm tears already streaming down my face. Matteo pulled me into a tight hug.

"It's okay." He reasured me kissing the top of my head

"No, its not" I sobbed into his chest.

"You were struggling and in pain. sweetheart i know that pain. It's okay to not want to feel like that anymore"

I sobbed even harder at his words, matteo just hugged me tighter. After about ten minutes of just non stop sobbing I calmed down a little.

"Would you like to talk about it? or we could eat ice-cream and watch movies and just order takeout for everyone else or we could just stand here and hug although Val might get jealous that its not him." I gave him a small teary eyed smile.

"Thats a smile it counts" Matteo wiped away tear from mine and his face. He let go of me went into the freezer brought out a tub of ice-cream and two spoons.

"Think you can eat half a tub of ice cream in 20 minutes." He asked, I looked at him strange.

"What? It's Carmen's ice-cream. So this stays between you and me. Last time I got caught stealing her ice-cream she put my ass in the dirt, although she was heavily pregnant and craving ice-cream. So I probably deserved it." He shrugged and sat down patting the seat beside him as he opened the ice-cream. I sat down and he gave me a spoon.

We just finnnished eating ice-cream as the car pulled up Matteo heard it and rushed around getting rid of evidence. He put the spoons in the dishwasher and took somethings out the trash put the ice-cream tub in and covered it over.

"Act natural." He whispered as Carmen walked in with everyone.

"Hey baby." He said as he went up and kissed her. "You look so beautiful." Carmen rolled her eyes.

"What have you done and/or what do you want?"

"What I can't tell my wife she looks beautiful?"

"You can but you typically say it after doing something stupid that you don't want me fining out about."

"What? Pfft... no."

Mmhm. Braelynn what did he do?" Carmen asked turning to me. Matteo stood behind her wide eyes shaking his head mouthing 'don't tell her' when Carmen turned around to him he stopped and smiled widely at her. So much for acting natural.

"Nothing I know of we've just been cutting vegetables." I tell her. She raised a brow but I think she believed it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12th April 2022