Chapter 3- Decorating

Chapter 3

Nyx's POV
My smile seemed to be glued to my face, I just couldn't stop. I floated off to my room and decided to decorate. I began to move the furniture out into the hall and once all major stuff was moved out, I brought in the paint cans of the navy blue and silver paint, plus the brushes and the rollers.

I started with the blue first. I used it on the wall opposite of my bed. When I was done with that, I was about to start with the wall of my bed, but there was a knock at the door. I walked over and opened the door. "Robin?"

"Hey. I see you're decorating." He smiled.

I nodded. "Yeah, I needed a change of color. It reminded me too much of where I grew up." I crossed my arms and looked at the white walls. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, that's your past. You're here with us now." Robin said.

"Yeah, I am. And I am so grateful for that. Hey, you want to help me paint?" I smiled at him.

"Sure. Give me a brush, tell me what to paint and I'm your man." he smiled.

"My man, huh?" I said, smirking and raising an eyebrow.

Robin blushed. "I- uh..."

I nudged him, still smirking. "Don't worry about it, I know what you meant. Here, take this brush and a roller and paint the wall navy blue. Opposite of the other navy blue one."

He nodded and took the brush and a roller. I took another roller and started on the ceiling. I painted it navy blue like the night sky. I let it dry and started on the silver walls.

"This is going to look awesome," Robin said as he was getting more paint.

"It better, or we've wasted our time," I laughed.

He smiled. "So what're you planning on doing with the ceiling?"

"Paint a moon on it with the silver and stick on glow in the dark stars. I hope it turns out okay." I smiled slightly.

"It should, it goes with your name." He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. "You look great in my clothes by the way."

I blushed and got more paint before going back to the unfinished silver wall. When we were done with the silver walls, I flew up to the ceiling and asked Robin to hand me a brush with silver paint. I started on the moon and finished it quickly.

"Robin, could you be a dear and get me the glow in the dark stars please?" I asked him, looking down from the ceiling.

"Yeah. Where'd you put them?" he asked.

"They're uh...in the drawer, I think." I looked over the moon again and decided to add a few very tiny details. Suddenly a package hit me in the back of my head. "Ahh!" I excalimed and lost control of my flight.

Instead of hitting the ground, I landed in a pair of arms. I opened my eyes to see Robin looking down at me.

"I didn't hit the floor?" I questioned. Robin shook his head. "You caught me?" Robin nodded. "Robin! Thank you!" I hugged him tightly.

"Yeah, anytime," he blushed. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Hey, you want to get a ladder and help me?" I asked him.

"You sure?" he asked and set me down.

"Absolutely! Go get one and I'll lay all of the stars out on the floor so we can put them up."

"Alright, I'll be right back." He smiled and I smiled back before he went to get the ladder.

The smile was still present on my face when he came back, somewhat struggling to carry the ladder. I giggled and helped him set it down before we put up the glow in the dark stars.