Chapter 6- Solos and Duets

Chapter 6

It's been six weeks since I moved in and it's been the best time of my life. Almost every morning I wake up and make everyone breakfast. Robin and I are closer than ever and I can still beat the boys in a Mario Go-Kart race.

The only downside is that Starfire is still giving me the cold shoulder and the silent treatment and saying rude things to me behind Robin's back. I don't tell him anything she says to me because it took a while for them to fix their friendship, although I can tell that she still loves him.

I was in the kitchen cleaning up the dishes when Robin walked over and kissed my cheek. "Amazing breakfast, Di. Can I help you with anything?"

I smiled, "Yeah, you can rinse your plate off and put it in the dishwasher please."

He chuckled and did as told. "Anything else, princess?"

"Nope, I'm good. I'll meet you in the common room in a minute, just let me finish these up." He nodded and left.

I continued to scrub the dishes and put them in the dishwasher when suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and got a good punch to the eye. I stumbled backwards and fell into the counter, making my back hurt. I opened my good eye to see Starfire there. "What was that for?!" I exclaimed.

"For stealing Robin from me!" she yelled and threw another punch.

I dodged it quickly. "Star, please. I didn't mean to hurt you in any way that I apparently have."

"I. Don't. Care! You still took Robin! You glorbat, you good for nothing child. You bitch!"

I took a step back. That was it, that was the last straw. I turned invisible and flew off to my room. I couldn't take it anymore. It was too much to handle. I grabbed a backpack and shoved a couple sets of clothes and my uniform in there. I took a glow in the dark star from my ceiling and the small stuffed animal Robin won me when we had gone to the fair. I shoved it all into my bag and zipped it close. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen before writing a note out to Robin. I walked through our shared walk in closet and into his room. I set the note on his bed and then put my communicator with it. I walked back into my room and grabbed my bag, wiping my tears to make sure I looked fine. I walked back through the common room one last time.

"Hey, where are you headed?" Robin asked.

"Just out." I said, forcing a smile.

"Awfully big bag for just going out," Raven said.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "You never know what you may need."

"Okay, well be safe and be back by 8," Robin said and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and forced myself not to cry.

"Robin, before I go, I just want to tell you one more thing," I whispered, holding his face in my hands.

"What is it, Nyx?" he whispered back.

"I love you." And then I kissed him, full on the lips. He didn't respond for a good couple of seconds and I was about to pull away when he kissed me back.

"I love you too," he whispered as we pulled apart. I smiled and exited the tower, waving goodbye in the elevator. When the doors closed, I broke down into horrible, nasty sobs that didn't end until I was well away from the tower.

---

Robin's POV

It was well past 8 and Nyx wasn't back yet. I had started pacing. Why did she tell me she loved me right before she left? Why did she have such a big bag with her? Why did she just kiss me and leave?