1 - my introduction.

The world wasn't an ordinary world, but rather one where every human had a supernatural ability, one which found society getting highs and lows faster than any other. People could use these abilities for good, or for bad, with the government only intervening if things somehow spiraled out of their control. The discovery of abilities started ever since man started recording history, and as humans evolved, so did these powers of theirs, such as Fire evolving into numerous fire-related abilities.

On one starry night, the clocks ticked their hour hand past 12, signaling the arrival of midnight. Other than the crickets chirping and the owls hooting as they flew by, there was barely any sound in the city. That was, until an old lady got ambushed...

"Stop, thief!"

"Not if I can help it, old lady!"

A masked man quickly dashed away from the elderly woman as he clutched her purse in his hands. He was laughing wickedly as he leaped into his white car on the side of the road and drove away, holding up his Noise Interference ability to prevent her from calling for help. Unbeknownst to him, a mysterious person was crouching nearby, watching from the rooftops, her hair flowing in the wind, her face concealed by the shadow cast from the moonlight. After the man left her view, she stood up and started leaping on buildings.

The car sped at about 85 mph as it drove through the streets. Unfortunately for him, he only managed to make a turn around 2 corners before the car suddenly stopped as a hissing sound was heard, along with a deafening thunderclap that sounded at the same time.

"What the hell?! How'd lightning strike my car when it isn't raining tonight?!"

Wasting no time, he ditched the car, jumping out and dashing away. He barely made it past a few blocks when the same girl watching him suddenly appeared just a few steps ahead of him, accompanied by a blue streak of electricity from the right. She dashed forward and prepared a kick with her right leg.

Morning, that same day.

"Hey, Chris, you heard the news earlier?" a boy asked.

"Not really. You picked up something interesting?"

Two boys were walking down a lively corridor at a school, one in a red shirt and blue shorts, the other in a black formal suit. It was a few minutes into break time, and the students would have to get to their classes soon.

The one in the red shirt spoke up, "So my grandma got robbed last night--"

"I pity your--"

"But, but, don't pity her yet, the robber got attacked by that girl."

"When you say 'that girl', you're referring to the one with electric powers, right?"

"How'd you guess that correctly?"

Chris, the boy in the formal suit, put a finger to his chin and said, "It's not a coincidence. She keeps on doing heroic jobs every now and then. Think she's trying to get fame while being really secret."

"Well, I have her to thank. Really wish I could see her someday..."

"Who knows? You might see her if you suddenly get attacked out of nowhere."

"Ah..."

It was the year 2022, and society had evolved to the point it was indistinguishable between modern and futuristic. Chris Yacht was a simple boy who wears a formal suit most of the time and could hold himself with barely any fighting experience. He had to live alone because his mother and twin sister were in another country and his father was imprisoned for homophobe genocide. His friend, Klein Kaizel, was a green-haired boy who could create blood and manipulate it to his will. The calmness of that boy could easily turn into anger the moment you provoke him really hard.

"Wait, you should have already known what she looks like, right?"

The two of them turned a left corner, and the red shirt kid answered Chris' question.

"Hmm... I don't know. My grandma just told me she was a fair lady doing business."

They would have continued their conversation if it weren't for a fellow student being blasted out the door of a nearby classroom. That boy was about to be finished off in a fight against a really tough guy with the Laser ability, and would have been in the infirmary if it weren't for the red shirt kid quickly dashing in and pulling him out of the way.

"Thanks, Klein." the boy said.

"Get to safety. Chris, you too! Go!" Klein shouted, before getting into a fighting stance, ready to face off against the attacker.

Chris quickly ran, the air giving him wind as he dashed through the corridors to his classroom. The students in front of him parted ways to avoid getting run into as an explosion rang out behind him. He had to quickly turn a corner to get where he wanted to be, so he quickly put his right hand on the floor to make a quick turn. As he avoided the fleeing students, he built up enough speed to reach his classroom and ran inside just as the door was closed shut by the teacher, collapsing on the floor afterwards.

"Hm. You're not late for once, Chris." the female teacher said, walking to her seat as she pushed up her glasses.

"I nearly got into a fight. Luckily I broke out from that one." he replied, getting up and walking to his seat as well.

"Alright, class, turn your history textbooks to page 94. We'll be learning about World War 2."

Soon after, classes had ended, and Chris was walking back home with his backpack on his shoulders when Klein sneaked up on him, tapping his shoulder after sneakily catching up to him on a path cutting through a field.

"Hello there," he said.

"Ah!" shouted Chris, who flinched and looked behind him, "Oh, it's just you, Klein. Aren't you going in the wrong direction? Your house is that way."

"Mom said I could have a sleepover at your house tonight. I mean, yes, I didn't ask consent from you, but--"

"You can stay." Chris replied with a smile.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah. Just make sure to get in the closet when I tell you to, alright?"

"You hiding something?"

"Impossible. Not like I have an ability that can do that."

Klein lowered his eyelids to a squint and moved his head forward as he suspiciously stared at Chris, but after figuring out that nothing was wrong with him, heightened them and said, "You could have ordered it online for a lot of money, then ordered an invisibility cloak to conceal it."

"Dude, I told you I'm not hiding something. Plus, since when could I earn that much?"

"You look like you come from a really wealthy family, being dressed as formally as this."

"This? The school made it for me."

"How much did it cost?"

"Free of charge."

"Ah?"

The two of them chatted on their way to Chris' home, which was just a few miles away. After leaping across streets and nearly getting hit by a truck, they reached a white apartment, doors lining the outer wall, with a floor underneath for movement. Not everyone could scale the walls just to get to their room.

"Chris, you sure this entire thing isn't your house?" Klein asked, getting more and more suspicious of him.

"Nope. It's just there." he replied, pointing to a door. Upon spotting it, Klein could only stare in silence. The door looked like it led to an ordinary apartment room, except that the rooms right beside it had no doors at all. "You notice something different?"

"...How'd you remove the doors on the other rooms?"

"Position Switch. A construction worker did it."

"I knew you were very wealthy!"

"I used one year of savings for that."

"Oh. Guess you are kind of poor."

The two of them walked up the stairs to the third floor, then made their way along the corridor to the large room belonging to Chris. Immediately upon opening the door, Klein could spot lots of plain decorations, cheap enough for someone to feel at home.

"I never expected a person like you to be living like this." he said.

"I may look wealthy, but I'm just a simple man. This is more than enough." Chris replied, walking inside and laying on the bed.

"Hey... Aren't you going to take those formal clothes off?"

"These?" Chris pointed to his clothes. "They're breathable because they're made for moving around, so I don't have to worry too much about it."

"I see."

"Since we have nothing to do, might as well play a few games. Wanna join?"

The hours passed, and the duo came to a tie as Chris couldn't match Klein's calmness and the latter couldn't match the former's intellect. Getting up, Chris made instant noodles for the both of them, and Klein was enjoying every strand, quickly chewing down on each bite.

Then came 7 P.M.

"Klein, remember when I asked you to hide in the closet?" Chris asked, standing up.

"Huh? Yeah, I remember. Is it time?"

"Let me show you where my closet is."

Chris led him to a door and opened it.

"This is my closet."

"DUDE, HOW ARE YOU SO RICH?!"

"I'm not someone rich. Look, most of them are the same clothes I'm wearing right now."

The closet was a walk-in closet that doubled as a bedroom, the walls being covered by shelves housing numerous clothes hanging underneath. Klein was amazed by the view, not noticing Chris quickly closing the door. The sound of a window opening came right after, and he immediately assumed that something was wrong.

"Crap! If he's alone, he'll get kidnapped!" he thought as he burst out the door.

"I'll save you, Chris..?!"

In a split second, he realized that the supposed kidnapper had taken Chris and dashed out the open window in an instant. He then hurriedly closed the closet lights and leaped out the window before sliding down the outer wall, landing on a rooftop and leaping away atop the buildings.

Meanwhile, a mysterious girl was walking on the sidewalk crowded with people either returning home or going for their night shift.