Chapter 5

Sorry for missing a day yesterday. My upload schedule is awfully inconsistent. But I've put one out tonight and I will upload another chapter tomorrow. Love you guys. 

Percy POV

I forgot how great it is to watch the boys train. There just about the best warriors I've ever seen, these six guys would destroy the Roman legion by themselves. A feeling of pride swelled up in me as I watched bullseye hit yet another perfect shot. When we recruited the kid, he wasn't in the best place. See, his family were murdered when the poor boy was only eight and from then he had to survive on his own. In order to survive on the streets he got in with the wrong sort of people. He was small, agile and extremely light on his feet along with being the best marksmen I've ever seen. He worked for various gangs as a assassin of sorts, killing off who ever they wanted dead. He was damm good at it two, from what he's told us he was highly regarded that line of work, every gang wanted him on their side. We personally met him in an abandoned building on the outskirts of Arizona. It was extremely bloody hot considering it was summer so we decided to camp out in an abandoned building we had found for a bit and used our  ice powers to basically make it a large fridge. At least we thought it was abandoned. I walked to the centre of the room to be met with an arrow to the back of the head. I'm a god so these things can't kill me but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of feeling pain. After pulling that arrow out of my head me and the crew searched the old house to find the culprit, yet we found nothing. We were about to come to to the conclusion that the culprit had run away when Jaw fell to the ground in agony. Looking over I saw what clearly was a bullet wound pouring with blood directly in the centre of his back. Muttering a spell that would hopefully stop him from bleeding out until we got back to base, I looked around with renewed anger to find the asshole who had just shot Jaw. That's when it happened, a shadowed figure dropped from the attic on top of Boom and Alpha and held them at gunpoint. 

"You move they die" the figure said to me in a cold, commanding voice reminding me a bit of how Kronos used to be with his troops.

"Listen, it's not wise to mess with us mate. If you want to make it out of this alive you will surrender your weapons to us."

"What us. In case you haven't noticed your mates you scattered around this building are all dying of various wounds. So I strongly suggest you do as I say and answer this question perfectly honestly. Who do you work for? What do you want with me? 

"I work for no one but myself and me and my friends here have nothing against you. We didn't even know you were here. Now can you please release my two mates there before I have to make release them." I wasn't all to worried about the rest of the crew, I could cast the same spell on them as I did Jaw and then flash them to my infirmary room back at base. What I was worried about, was how this man could have beaten all of the guys and not even being seen doing it.

"Bullshit. Why else would you be here. Why don't you go back to your base and tell your bosses I'm not interested. I'm working for someone else right now, come back another time." 

"For fuck sake mate I've already told you I'm not working for anyone. I don't know what kind of people you know and usually deal with but by the sounds of it they ain't the best chaps." I was starting to like this guy, I knew he would be perfect for the team if he wasn't trying to kill us. 

"You expect me to just believe your totally not working for anyone but you just so happened to stumble into the same abandoned building I did on the same day, and you just so happen to be armed. I don't want to have to kill your two mates here, but you better start being fucking honest with me or there will be consequences." 

"Let me prove it to you then. Can the people you think us to be do this?" And I summoned a beam of ice and shot it at the wall. 

"No, no they can not. New question, what the hell are you?" I noticed his tone changed from cold and commanding to guarded but curious. 

"I'm a god. A literal god." You might ask why I told this guy the truth about what I am, but there wasn't much point in hiding it. I'd already shown him my powers, I might as well tell him the truth. 

"Bullshit once again. There only one God mate and he sure doesn't dress like that" (I hope you understood that reference) he replied eying me and gesturing to the combat gear I was wearing. 

"You might be right, whether God exists or not is a question even I do not know. But note the difference, I am god the person you speak of is THE God. I'm saying all of this assuming your Christian, but If you belong to any other monotheistic religion the same applies." 

"So you want me to believe that you are an actual god. You existing goes against pretty much everything we believe in the modern world. And if you are truly a god, then what are you the god of." I noticed another change in his tone, from guarded but curious to purely curious and disbelieving. 

"I am the god of Magic, swordsmanship, ice, strength and animals. Along with being the minors god of light and luck." 

"Magic. Are you now trying to convince me that magic or real. I'm not a genius by any means but I'm also not an idiot. There is absolutely no proof that magic has or ever will exist."

"Really. Well your about to be the first person from your world to see solid proof of magics existence." And with that I cast a spell that made a fire appear in my hand. 

"We'll I'll be dammed, magic actually does exist. I guess the conspiracy theorists were right all along." 

"Listen, I would like to offer you a proposition. You let my two friends there go and let me heal the others and you join my crew and come back to base with us." 

"What's in it for me. I ain't going to leave a life that's going pretty well for me for nothing."

"You get to join the greatest crack team of warriors ever. You get to live in my super awesome invisible kingdom with your own mansion and servants. And you get two hang out with demigods and gods and fight Greek monsters."

"Sounds like a good idea, but how do I know you are going to follow through on your promises."

"I can swear on the river Styx but that wouldn't mean anything to you so I guess you'll just have to trust me."

"I don't just trust people, it's an easy way to get yourself killed. Though I don't see any harm that could come from taking you up on that offer. If this turns out to be a trap I know for a fact I can beat this squad you've got here, and I should be able to distract you long enough to get away. Sure, I'll join this squad of yours." 

"Good, we'll flash to base shortly, after I've attended to all the people you've shot." Walking from the room I used the spell I had used on Jaw for the rest of them, and flashed everyone to the Medbay. Seeing to it that all my crew got seen by my doctors I turned to the figure who had his gun raised defensively and was looking around the room seemingly searching for possible threats. 

"See, it's not a trap. Welcome to my kingdom and welcome to my crew." I called to him walking away from the bay and back to my chambers.