Chapter 18

Rex POX

"You mortals are very irritating creatures, you know that?" Kronos sneered, him and his guards in a circle around me.

The distraction  had gone to plan, sort of. I certainly caused enough chaos for Scar and Bullseye to have escaped undetected so by that metric it was a resounding success, in terms of my  life though, not so much. I was doing a decent job capitalising on the confusion and panic to wipe out a lot of the monsters, that was until I turned a corner and ran directly in to Kronos. By now you can probably picture the predicament I currently find myself in so I'm sure you understand that I'm most likely screwed. Oh well, I can certainly think if worse ways to go than  getting killed by the Titan lord and his guards. Having no other cards to play, I decided to just talk to the chap.

"I think your generalising a bit there but you might have a point."  

Kronos's grip viably tightened on his scythe as he barley managed to suppress his rage and what I assume he thought of as an outrage that someone as low as me would talk back to him. 

"I really fucking want to kill you right now. But fortunately for you, I've been ordered to keep you alive. There are some very powerful people who are interested in speaking with you."

"Who might they b-" But before I could finish my sentence, I was hit over the head and out cold.

I woke up to the feeling of being dragged across a the floor. Wearily opening my eyes I saw two guards rafting me down a corridor similarly designed to the ones at Kronos fortress, though something told me this was a different place. I attempted to perform some mental magic to incapacitate the guards but found I was completely Drained, as if something was physically draining the energy out of me. All the while the two guards hadn't even acknowledged that I was awake  and we're completely straight faced like robots. Turning a corner, i noticed the maze of halls was at an end. At the booth of the corridor, about 20 meters away, there was a large Obsidian door. As we approached, the door slammed open on its own as I was pulled to my feet inside. The room was completely dark as the door shut behind me, trapping me in whatever this place was. Suddenly, lights began to glow all around the room and I could make out a number of chairs..no..thrones. As the light reached its peak and the room was fully lit up, I was able to see 8 massively tall beings sat upon glowing thrones that emitted pure power. My attention fell on the throne in the middle of the room, and more specifically the being sat upon it. 

"Hello" he said "I am Pontus, primordial lord of the seas."

And there is is, the villains have been revealed. I know the primordials being the bad guys has been done thousands of times in these sort of stories, so I am going to try to change it up a bit. As you can see I've got Pontus as the leader of the primordials which I've not seen anyone do in a story (that I've read at least)  It's normally either Chaos, Gaia or Nyx but I decided they were to cliche. I also decided not to include Chaos at all in this story because  I've literally seen tens of thousands of chaos stories. 

And I want to say thank you so much for getting this story to 1k reads. It means a lot to me that it hit that milestone as that is the one I really wanted to hit. Love you guys.