Chapter 17

Just one thing to say before we get Into this chapter. My stories has been getting spikes in viewership lately so I'd like to thank everyone for that. My story 'the sea prince' is getting decently close to 1k views so if your reading this and haven't read that story it would mean the world to me if you do. And this chapter is going to be another Percy POV, Im going to make you wait one more chapter to see what happens to Rex. 

Percy POV

I don't know what to do. We're no closer to finding out who's behind this and no matter how many monsters or titans we kill There's always more. And now, to add insult to injury, Rex is gone. I've tired to cast a spell to reveal his location but he seems to be hidden from my sight. I don't think he's dead but something is stopping me from locating him. So to sum it up, we have no idea who we're hunting and one of our members seems to have vanished of the face of the earth. And I should know how to fix this, I'm a god for fuck sake! Just as I finished that thought, i felt a strong sea breeze around me and in a flash of light Poseidon emerged. 

"Hello my son, what troubles you?"

A large smile crossed my face seeing my father, If anyone could give me some much needed guidance it was him. I immediately mentally scolded myself for such a stupid thought. I was a god I couldn't ask for help from anyone. I have to have the answers. 

"I know what your thinking Percy" Poseidon said, looking suddenly older and wiser than I had ever seen him as he sat down next to me. "You think that as you are now a god, you have it do it on your own. All us gods feel that way at first. We're  the ones everyone asks for help, we have to have the solution to every possible problem. You need to know that that is not true. Zeus himself, the king of the gods, doesn't have all the answers. And though you have become arguably more powerful than him, you are not omnipotent. That is one of the many lessons us gods have to learn before we can truly fulfil our purpose."

"Well whats the dammed point of gods if they don't have the solution. The whole reason mortals look to a higher power if for help, guidance, salvation. How can we guide them if we don't know it ourselves! Tell me father, how can I go back to the campsite where my warriors are waiting, look them in the yes and tell them I don't know what to do. That though it's my fault their friend is gone and I am, by the way, a literal god I can't get him back." I answer furiously slamming my sift into a nearby tree.

"Ah Percy" he sighed looking like he'd thought about this a thousand times before "don't you see? This is exactly why the council exists. Let's go one step further, this is why democracy as a whole was invented. Democracy being a way for everyone to vote and have their say on matter instead if leaving it to one man. And if you look at the current state of the world...yeah it isn't perfect but on the whole democracies are doing a whole lot better than dictatorships. My point is, your trying to do it all on your own. You think it's completely your responsibility to get your friend back and I'm telling you that you need to let it go. Your quest to constantly fix every problem you come across will be your undoing. Think about it. If us gods could truly fix everything, why is there still poverty, hunger, homelessness. The answer is that fix it all, we can't make a perfect world. Now in your case, your problem is your missing friend. But he is caused from your sight by the enemy. If something can be hidden from the sight of someone as powerful as you then your dealing with something pretty dam powerful. And considering your sitting here talking to me I can pretty safely guess you don't have the slightest idea on where to even start looking for your friend. So you must move on. If we spent the rest of our immortal lives pondering an unsolvable question than we'd have wasted times solving problems we can fix. You must continue with your mission  because that is a mystery you can solve. Use logic, if Kronos isn't at the top of the food chain than who can it possibly be .It can't be another titian so it's most certainly a primordial, but I think you already knew that. And the question of who that primordial is, we'll it can only really be the elder primordials. Tartarus, Gaia, Nyx, Erebus or chaos."

"So your saying I should just forget about it, abandon him to the enemy!"

"No I'm not. I'm saying that here's not point wasting time sitting here wallowing in your own self pity just waiting for him to show up. Solve a problem you can solve, that being your mission, and possibly save the world. And who knows, maybe along the way you'll find your friend. Good luck my son and remember what I've told you. Fall into the trap of believing you can solve any problem, and it will be the end of you."

And in another flash of light he was gone. Leaving me along in the forest to ponder his words