double (black) proposals

Day 2 of Soukoku Valentine's Week 2022: Propose Day

Movies were honestly the best research material.

Like, think about it. Even if the events portrayed in a movie were mostly fictitious, and written by other humans, there was just so much to learn from them. If the movies were based off a true story, or inspired by books, it was even better!

For example, detective movies. It was totally a fun activity to figure out the criminal while watching the events unfold; sort of a one-sided competition between the viewer and the actual detective in the movie. Even though it was a scripted thing. Other than that, there was also so much to learn from war movies and such.

The list was endless. Lawyers could learn a few things from watching those typical court movies, and civilians could learn about a rule or two from watching those cliché buddy-cop films. It's rather obvious, isn't it? Movies were definitely good research material.

Hence, it was surely a good idea for Dazai to use them as references for his endeavours. 

The fact remained that Dazai was in dire need if researching something very important. See, it happened to be Propose Day today! That's right; it was already the second day of Valentine's Week. Dazai had already decided on celebrating such a silly week.

Because he was genius who was very dedicated to his work and his decisions, he would obviously have to see this through. Celebrating this week was of utmost importance, no doubt about it. Besides, Dazai had already involved Chuuya in this little scheme too! There was no backing out now.

Especially because Chuuya already got him flowers for Rose Day yesterday, and he'd insisted that it was Dazai's turn to show the grand gestures for whatever day it was today. And it was clearly Propose Day, which meant Dazai was required to make a very cute proposal to his husband.

Now, the problem was that Dazai had never proposed to anybody. Ever.

It was truly tragic. Even though he was so handsome for him to receive lots of confessions from random girls, he'd never been the one to confess, or make proposals. See, he's only ever had one partner in his life. He started dating Chuuya when they were just fifteen, and it was that silly slug who asked him out in a very roundabout way.

The whole experience was quite hilarious in hindsight. Dazai had been busy staring at a wall when he was very rudely disturbed by the hatrack whose apartment he broke into everyday. Chuuya had insisted that he was well aware of Dazai's feelings towards him, and how the two of them should just get their shit together already.

Not very used to the hatrack being so straightforward, Dazai had floundered about a ton, tumbling over his words, trying his very best not to blush aggressively. It hadn't worked, because soon after, Chuuya had kissed him before calling him an absolutely disgusting mackerel who he disliked very much. Of course, Chuuya had allowed him to stay in his apartment forever after that, so his silly statements didn't really hold any weight.

How suitable for a gravity manipulator.

Further into the timeline of their peculiar partnership, when they had gotten married, that had been Chuuya's proposal too. It was on the night when Dazai left the Mafia. As expected of a Slug who could read him best, it had taken Chuuya half an hour tops to find him on his bike. 

Dazai's location had been rather obvious, to be fair. 

Chuuya had found him on the cliff housing Rimbaud's grave, lifelessly staring out at the ocean. He'd then been smacked in the head by his brute of a partner, after which Chuuya dragged him to a rustic courthouse. On their way there, Chuuya had made a very cute proposal about how Dazai was important to him, and hence he would legally bind them together for life.