Chapter two ² | A new day

• • • • • • •

(Author note: this is how they are sitting)

                    • Minjun

Onjo •   Table     • Cheongsan

Isak •     Table     • Gyeongsu

Everyone besides Cheonsan cheered as his mom brought over bowls of fried chicken to the group of high school teens. Cheongsan questioned his mother why she would make so much chicken for the five of them, causing Minjun who sat next to him to kick Cheongsan's shin lightly in warning. The two shared a glance as he tried not wincing at the sudden pain shooting up his shin.

"Remember Onjo eats a lot." Cheongsan's mother jokingly replied to her son's question causing everyone to let out a few laughs.

"I don't eat a lot. I just eat well." Onjo retorted, causing Minjun to shake his head with a small smile amused at his friend's way of defending her love for eating lots of food.

"Oh, yes, sure. That's what I like to hear. Eat up Gyeongsu, Minjun, you too Asak." Cheongsan's mother dismissed Onjo's words, genuinely happy she was eating well, telling Gyeongsu and Minjun to eat more and then doing the same to Isak but saying her name wrong.

"It's Isak, not Asak." Isak corrected her on her name, smiling politely up at Cheongsan's mother.

"You changed your name?" Cheongsan's mother asked, not the brightest but still a lovely lady. Isak only let out an awkward laugh, causing more laughter as Minjun shoved a piece of chicken in his mouth to stop himself from being able to laugh.

"Mom. If you wanna change names, you should start with the restaurant. Why are you using my name?" Cheongsan used the topic of his mother mixing up names to try getting her to change the restaurant's name once again. Minjun refraining from rolling his one visible eye at Cheongsan trying to change the name again.

Cheongsan's mom and him arguing over it on how she named the restaurant that way before he was ever born, though that was upsetting as well to him repeating that she'd named him after a chicken shop. Gyeongsu kept the peace as he nudged Cheongsan telling him to be quiet before reassuring his mother she'd made a good decision with the restaurant's name. The others quickly agreed as well.

"Look, so this is a new recipe we just came up with. So this one is just a little spicy, and this one's really hot. What do you think? You can be totally honest with me." Cheongsan's mother explained the new chicken dishes and asked for their opinions.

Gyeongsu compliments the dishes with a full mouth even going as far as to say he'd work as a delivery boy if she needed one, though she dismissed his offer saying they all should focus more on study. Before she turned to Onjo asking her if it was too spicy. Seeing this Minjun quickly took a big bite so his mouth was full not wanting to be asked about the chicken.

Onjo ended up being very transparent with her opinion on the dishes saying both were pretty salty, or at least for her it was. Gyeongsu tried to reassure her it wasn't too salty before Cheongsan's mother turned to look at Minjun asking how it was for him.

Only for Minjun to barely smile since his mouth was so full as he just nodded causing Cheongsan's mother to smile thinking Minjun was adorable before clicking her fingers remembering what Onjo had said moving towards her husband talking about how the dish may be too salty before the two checked the chicken.

Swallowing the big bite, Minjun watched the couple going deep into thought. It seemed nice to see the couple getting along so well even well into their marriage, it was sweet. Minjun couldn't help but wonder what it felt like having two married parents. Though he was snapped out of his thoughts by a thumb swiping at the side of his left cheek.