Chapter nine ⁹ | Flexible

• • • • • • •

"What are you doing?! Get her out of here right now!" Nayeon's yelling rang throughout the classroom. Her screaming did not help as it attracted more infected students from outside to bang against the windows.

"Shit. They're going to climb over." Daesu spoke going over to the blocked off window getting on the table to make sure they didn't get in.

"No. Come on. I said I'm okay!" Isak pulled away from the hug facing Nayeon yelling angrily. Minjun cursed under his breath as she started to get riled up again, turning her around to face him and Onjo again wiping her bloody nose away with his sleeve.

Cheongsan moved over to Onjo and Minjun grabbing their wrists and pulling them away from Isak who lost her grip on their arms as he did so, before he walked a few steps back with them.

"Guys-" Isak went to take a step closer to them but couldn't drop to her knees.

Isak fell face first to the ground causing both Onjo and Minjun try to get to her but Cheongsan kept his grip on them tugging them back as Isak's body started cracking and convulsing randomly.

"Hurry up! Do something! Throw her out the window. Hurry! She's turning into a zombie!" Nayeon in the background yelled at everyone and anyone in the classroom.

Isak finally standing up and turning to face them, Minjun silent wordless as Onjo called out her name. It only took a second for Isak to run at them though Cheongsan pushed her back before grabbing a chair and shoving her properly away. Before holding the chair up ready to bash her head in.

"Cheongsan!" Onjo yelled out horrified about what he was trying to do.

This caught Isak's attention as she ran right for where Onjo and Minjun were, Cheongsan letting go of the chair and running after her bashing into Isak causing her to break and go right out the window. Isak only had one hand gripping the window sill and before she dropped Onjo was there to grab her hand.

Minjun a second later grabbing onto Isak's other hand starting to pull her up breathing shakily not wanting to let his friend go, neither of them could face the reality that Isak was gone. Cheongsan gets to the window easily, getting Onjo to let go and pushing her back in the classroom after asking if they were crazy.

Minjun, however, was a different situation as his grip was tight, Cheongsan struggling to unwrap Minjun's hand from Isak's wrist.

"Don't let go Minjun!" Onjo yelled from inside panicking as Minjun let out a short breath pulling Isak slightly up only for Cheongsan to shove against Isak's head back down.

"Let go!" Cheongsan demanded but when Minjun didn't he continued speaking "You have to let go.

"I can't! I can't!" Minjun yelled out in pure frustration and panic grip tightening on Isak's wrist even when she started snapping her teeth at him, Minjun looking down at her already disfigured face.

"Here!" Nayeon from inside yelled kicking the chair over to the window, Cheongsan not wasting time as he took it before hitting it against Isak.

Bashing at her arms only needing a few hits before Isak was falling down, Minjun's eyes widening as he watched her fall down, Onjo from behind screaming grabbing Minjun's shoulder as she watched too along with Cheongsan.

Taking a step back from the window Minjun looked down at his hand, the one Isak had slipped from his grasp with. Onjo stared in shock next to him out the window. Cheongsan stood there not knowing what to say to the two, hand hovering over them as he called out their names.

Hearing her name seemed to snap her out of her shock as Onjo started crying slamming into Minjun's chest wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. Minjun slowly resting his hand he'd been staring at on her head patting it softly trying to recall everything that had just happened. It had all happened so fast.