Chapter six ⁶ | The beginning of the end

• • • • • • •

"I have a great idea. Just ask Cheongsan" Isak spoke, turning around to face Onjo and Minjun. All three of them in line to dump whatever food they had left and put the trays away. Minjun always disliked how much food went to waste but that's just school.

"Forget it." Onjo dejected the idea.

"Seriously, he and Suhyeok are really close. Why don't you just ask Cheongsan how he feels?" Onjo continued her suggestion though Onjo denies it again, shaking her head.

"Onjo. You have to listen to me. There's a good chance Suhyeok already told him everything." Isak spoke, placing one hand on her shoulder but Onjo just pulled it off.

"It doesn't matter. He'll make fun of me." Onjo replied, causing Isak to hum, nodding before looking behind Onjo at Minjun who had dazed out of the conversation daydreaming, causing her to grin.

"Minjun, you're friends with Suhyeok right? You can ask for Onjo." Isak's words snapped Minjun back to reality as the two girls watched and waited for Minjun's reply.

"Ask him what?" Minjun asked back, causing the two girls to sigh as Minjun hadn't been listening to the conversation well enough to know exactly what they'd been talking about.

Cheongsan walked up to them placing his empty tray on top on Onjo's telling her to put his away too since she'd lost the game this morning she had to do what he asked. A game Minjun avoided, not interested in it.

"Hey, Cheongsan. Onjo needs to talk to you. So you are close to Suhyeok, right?" Isak stopped Cheongsan from walking away before asking him a question.

"For sure, why?" Cheongsan answered honestly before asking a question in return, wondering about the sudden question and what it had to do with Onjo.

"Told you." Isak turned and spoke to Onjo, Cheongsan asking again what this meant before Isak turned to Cheongsan again continuing on "So you know-" Only to be cut off by Onjo telling her to stop and whispering she's dead.

"Hey. A real friend would help out right now." Isak told Cheongsan, hinting at something before turning around and walking as the line had gotten shorter now.

Cheongsan asks Onjo what she meant but she just walks away causing Cheongsan to turn to Minjun now, expecting him to tell him instead.

"Minjun, what did she want to say?" Cheongsan asked quickly in a hushed whisper, causing Minjun to rub the back of his neck trying not to tell his other best friends and right as he gave in, opening his mouth to tell Onjo walked back over and grabbed Minjun's collar, tugging him away.

Once the trays were cleaned up Onjo held Minjun's hand tugging him to leave the Canteen but Cheongsan caught up with them grabbing Minjun's free hand stopping him from walking any further causing Onjo to stop and turn to look at him.

"Wait a second. Did Suhyeok say something?" Cheongsan asked out curiously.

"No." Onjo answered bluntly, tugging Minjun in her direction to continue walking, Minjun moving to walk again.

"Did you fight?" Cheongsan asked another question tugging Minjun's hand back causing the teen to halt his movements only having taken one step.

"I just said no." Onjo replied before tugging Minjun slightly over to her now, Minjun confused at this sudden tug of war and not enjoying being in the middle of whatever was going on.

"Then what's going on, did he say that he likes you?" Cheongsan asked, tugging Minjun with enough force that Minjun stumbled into Cheongsan's chest, his back to him while he faced Onjo.