Chapter twelve ¹² | Open the door

• • • • • • •

"It's okay." Minjun replies as they rushed down the hallway not wanting to talk about it further but feeling him being tugged back on the spot he turned to face Ms Park.

"Minjun, you should go back." Ms Park suggested cupping Minjun's face, swiping her thumb across his cheekbone as she spoke but he just pulled her hand down gently away.

"Even though I never told you my problems you were always there for me Ms Park, you were there more than my mum ever was. I'm going to help you if it means you're safe." Minjun spoke honestly, making Ms Park's eyes water even more at hearing about his mothers absent tendencies.

With that Minjun squeezes Ms Park's hand before tugging her off into a run but making sure not to go too fast so she could keep up, turning the corner they caught up with Nayeon who was walking right towards a group of infected students.

Minjun snatching Nayeon's hand digging the heels of his feet against the ground turning sharply around again as he pulled both Ms Park and Nayeon in the opposite direction of the infected students.

Racing through the school Minjun gritted his teeth trying not to go too fast before then taking another sharp corner losing most of the infected but one from a classroom got out chasing them easily, Minjun not looking behind him to see what student it was.

Taking another hallway only for Nayeon to look back, seeing it was Gyeongsu even though she was just hallucinating as it was a normal infected student causing her to falter, tripping Minjun with her, Ms Park acted fast and in reflex to protect her students as she slammed herself into the infected student.

Causing Ms Park to fall as well and as she tried getting up, the infected student got on top of her, biting into her neck. Minjun, breathing heavily as he watched frozen on the floor letting out a blood-curdling scream but Nayeon covered his mouth to not attract any more infected.

Shoving Nayeon's hand away he fumbled getting back up rushing over to Ms Park tackling the infected student off her before he yelled out struggling to keep it on the floor and not get bitten " Run! Run!" Not looking back as Ms Park struggled to leave him behind, Nayeon grabbed her hand, kick-starting Ms Park back into a run as they ran.

Minjun didn't notice he was crying till drops fell on the snarling face of the infected student, Minjun couldn't believe another one of his friends was gone now and he was here fending off yet another infected student from hurting people. Taking a deep breath Minjun picked the infected student up off the ground charging him backwards towards an open window letting out a pained yell as he shoved it out the window.

Another infected student fell out of a window for the second time today. Minjun stared down but couldn't for long hearing snarls of infected students everywhere looking around; he didn't know where Ms Park and Nayeon had gone. Minjun shaking his head grabbing his hair, convincing himself Ms Park hadn't been bitten.

Not knowing where they'd gone, he hoped they were safe before sprinting back to where he knew he could go back, the recording classroom. As he ran avoiding infected students he was tempted to just stop then and there, let them eat him but he kept going unsure of what was causing him to keep going.

• • • • • • •

"Are you okay?" Onjo asked Cheongsan as he was looking outside the window at the field full of infected students. Onjo herself barely being able to hold herself, she'd lost both Isak and maybe Minjun in the last twenty four hours.

"Your hand." Onjo pointed out as the two looked down as his knuckles were slightly bloody. "You're not okay."

"I'm sorry to say this... but you need to be strong." Onjo tried comforting Cheongsan.