Chapter sixteen ¹⁶ | Baby blue

• • • • • • •

Suhyeok walked over to the window where Onjo was looking at her while she tried wiping away her tears.

"I'm sure Cheongsan and Minjun are fine. You know how fast they are." Suhyeok reassured Onjo watching her, trying to gauge her reaction.

"I don't know why Cheongsan never listens and I don't know why Minjun always tries to see the best in everyone and help them." Onjo told Suhyeok her thoughts on her two best friends.

"Ever since we were kids, Cheongsan has never listened to me. Then a few years went by and Minjun came into the picture not minding how Cheongsan was and even how I was. If anything he became a mediator between us, we were like a trio. Though we protected Minjun from a lot of people trying to take advantage of him when we were kids because he's too nice at times. I'm not sure Minjun knows how to say No." Onjo continued explaining the past.

"I told Cheongsan not to go, but, of course he did. Meaning Minjun went as well if it meant helping us all." Onjo finished off staring out the window. She'd only recently nearly lost Minjun and now she was losing him again with Cheongsan as well this time around.

"I'm sorry. I should have brought them back here." Suhyeok apologised feeling genuine guilt for his now missing friends.

"Where do you think they are now?" Onjo asked, looking over at Suhyeok.

"I'm pretty sure they're both in a safe hiding spot." Suhyeok reassured but Onjo just frowned, staring before replying with dread filling her body.

"Minjun is claustrophobic."

Suhyeok looked over at Onjo frowning wondering how he hadn't known that before hoping they'd found a place to hide that wasn't tight.

Watching the helicopters in the distance Onjo had an idea turning to Joonyeong asking him about the drone his science club had built. After discussing it and reluctants from some people in the group Onjo and Joonyeong went back up the rope outside the recording room to go get the drone and other things Joonyeong would need to finish the last bit of the drone.

While they waited Namra walked over to the window where Suhyeok stood waiting for the two to return talking with him about the depressing reality of what was happening and the slim chance of actually surviving, though Suhyeok tried to reassure they'd be fine in a 'cool nonchalant' kind of way. Suhyeok being honest on how he didn't want to become a zombie since he wouldn't be able to recognise anyone if he did.

Namra ends up asking a favour from Suhyeok if she does get bitten but before she could say what he butted in saying that she shouldn't get bit. It brought a smile to her face before she tried to ask again only for Suhyeok to interrupt again saying no, she can't get bit and that she needed to stop thinking about the possibility of dying.

Onjo and Joonyeong managed to get back after that conversion without any problems much to everyone in the group's relief as Joonyeong got to work on the drone.

• • • • • • •

Pulling back from the kiss when Minjun needed to breath the two panted slightly looking at each other. Cheongsan enjoying the view, Minjun's pupils were dilated and his lips were plumper, the colour hidden by the darkness but no down redder.

As much as Cheongsan wanted to look at Minjun longer he knew the other teen needed out from where they were. Looking forward now to seeing a sticker which explains the door only opens from the outside. Worried that Minjun would see this and start hyperventilating again, Cheongsan faced Minjun who looked as if he was trying hard to understand what had just happened.