Chapter ten¹⁰ | Scratches

• • • • • • •

Suhyeok was the first who got through the window Nayeon was complaining telling them to close the window already over and over again even when two of them were still making their way down to the window.

"What's wrong with you? Cheongsan and Minjun are still out there. You want us to just shut them out?!" Gyeongsu, frustrated with her as he spoke getting from the cabinet next to the window down and over to her.

"Is it a crime to want the window closed?" Nayeon retorted snobbily and stupidly.

"How can you be so selfish?" Gyeongsu replied, causing her to scoff internally boiling for being called selfish twice today now by her crush (who was outside the window she wanted closed) and by Gyeongsu.

"I can't stand you, stupid welfie." Nayeon spoke out of turn.

Minjun and Cheongsan now through the window both hearing what she said along with everyone else, Minjun's visible eye narrowing at the stupid and disgusting remark.

"Hey, what did you just call me?" Gyeongsu asked in anger and confusion. Grabbing her arm roughly turned her to face him again when she started facing away from him.

Cheongsan holding Gyeongsu back now from doing something he might regret while the others moved a bit closer.

"You just hit me?" Nayeon questioned taking the sharp grab as a hit.

"Yeah. Call me that again" Gyeongsu replied bluntly warning her as Minjun made his way forward now as well to help defuse the situation.

"Hey, knock it off. What's going on over here, guys?" Ms Park asked as she walked over after shutting the window and pulling the blinds over it.

"He just hit me." Nayeon snitched right after Ms Park stopped speaking.

"Only 'cause you called me a welfie!" Gyeongsu yelled back, clearly upset.

"Is it not true?" Nayeon asked back, taunting him.

"You can't say shit like that." Cheongsan stuck up for Gyeongsu as Minjun nodded, adding in "Even when you're as stuck up and oblivious to real life situations Nayeon." Everyone understood he was taunting her back for what she said about Gyeongsu but she felt as though he was on her side proving the whole oblivious side of her thinking she was always in the right.

"What's a welfie? Tell me. What is it? What's a welfie?" Ms Park asked, confused not knowing the new terms that went around the younger generations.

"A person on welfare. It means a person on welfare. 'Welfie' for short." Suhyeok was the one to answer Ms Park's question when no one wanted to.

"Nayeon, that was wrong. Don't ever say that again. And Gyeongsu when you hit people, you're the one who ends up losing. Do you understand?" Ms Park tried scolding them but it wasn't going to work anymore. The world was going to shit, why would they listen to getting scolded.

"No, I don't." He replied hushed.

"Listen, we can't be fighting each other in a moment like this. We don't know what's going on out there with those-" Ms Park tried continuing her speech but was cut off at the end by Suhyeok asking her a question.

"Are they zombies?"

"What about the other teacher? Has anyone called the cops?" Jimin also asked a few questions she thought were important, taking the chance she got.

"Don't worry, I'm sure someone already has. I just don't have my phone on me, right now." Ms Park tried calming them all down.

"We called them, but they're not coming. Neither the police nor first responders." Cheongsan successfully shutting down Ms Park's positivity on the situation as her arms dropped to her sides as her students' bluntness.