Episode 1: The beginning

John POV

"Well, that didn't go too bad. I got paired for an assignment with the smart purple haired girl named Seraphina, but she wanted to do all the work! Pfshhh! Yeah right. I came to this school to learn, not to sit around. 

We decided to go to the library and on the way there we started chatting. 

She said she was the most powerful in the school, which sounded like a lot of responsibility. 

We studied in the library for a while, and I learned a lot about the school, how it works, and about her too. 

She was a lot more open that what I would've expected from what I've read about this place.

She said that she had a sister at one point, but I don't think she goes here because she quickly tried to change the subject when I asked. 

We decided to head up to the roof during lunch so we can talk about the project, and also so I can learn more about this school's hierarchy. 

From what I know, someone named Arlo is the king, and his ability is Barrier. Sounds pretty easily copiable. 

Sera is the Queen, and her ability is time manipulation, which is going to be very difficult to learn how to copy. 

Those are the two I remember right now, and I'm sure I'll learn more soon!" :D

Sera POV (John in italic)

"Well, John is nice I guess. He was annoyingly insistent on doing some work on the project, but he seems pretty smart so it should be fine- NO. it can't be just fine, it needs to be perf-"

 "Hey! What needs to be perfect?

"Oh! John! Hi, didn't know you were up here yet!" 

"Yeah, just came up! How ya doin?

"I'm doin good. You?" 

"Great!

After that we chatted a bunch about random stuff, and I was really surprised when I found out that he didn't live on-campus.

I asked if we could go over there and study there because it might be quieter, and also I'm curious what type of house a student that transferred at this time of the year would have. 

He agreed, on one condition. He had to take me to a place called "Woaba Boba" which is supposedly a place with really good drinks. 

I reluctantly agreed, because we should be studying- but maybe it isn't so bad to take a break every now and then. 

He also got kinda annoyed when I told him about the cake, because he decided to pack a lunch today. 

Tbh I thought only middle schoolers did that but hey, could be something from his family or old school. *shrug*

John POV

We studied at my house for an hour or 2, then went over to Woaba Boba. 

She was surprised when she found out it actually tasted good- which surprised me. 

I told her it was good, did she not believe me? Heh, anyway. 

We got back and studied for a bit longer, then we watched a movie because, well, ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS STUDY. 

I need to knock some sense into her, but not literally. I don't want to fight her. We watched a movie about a world where no one had powers and it was kinda cool- even without powers. 

We then ended up watching Netflix and eating popcorn until we looked at the clock- it was 2 am!

 I told Seraphina and she immediately darted toward the door. I

 yelled her name as she was leaving because she forgot her vest on the couch, and she only heard me say Sera, so she said "Did you call me Sera?"

And I said no. Surprisingly she said it's okay if I do, just don't overdo it. Yeah, I'm so gonna overdo it.

Yeeeeee that's chapter 1 done! Not gonna say when I wrote this, or if I'm going to continue this, but hey-  so far I think this is turning out well. And now the obligatory not my characters, they belong to uru, yada yada. Hope you keep reading! (Unless this is the latest, then keep an eye out for the next) Cover pic by Uwuzul.