Path to the base

We ran as fast as we can across the grass land. It never gets old seeing the river and all the hills as well as the trees and rocks. But, it wont stay like this for long. Slowly, the man has sent some people to harvest all of the nature in the grasslands so he could build giant factories. Luckily I as well as Zole, my pet flying mouse, have stopped them from building the factories.
"Is that another one?" I heard a voice from behind some bushes.
"I think it is. Finally we can have some fresh monkey meat for dinner" Another voice said.
I know this part all too well. They tried to shoot me with their guns, but I dodge it and hide behind a rock and grab some pebbles to shoot at them by using my slingshot. They got scared by it and ran away.
"Strange, they usually never get scared...Zole, there is something behind me, isn't there." I said as Zole nodded in reply.
I screamed in fear as I ran, but not before catching a glimpse at the beast. It was a giant bear. It was chasing after me on all fours, hacking and slashing away at any and all objects in its way. I was doomed. Unless...? I looked around frantically and found a cave! It was too small for the bear but big enough for me. I dived down into the hole and just barely escaped from being slashed by the bear. That was way too close.

Some time later...
I finally managed to dig my way out of the cave. The dirt mixed with stone was so hard to dig through.
'Ω, shouldn't we find some shelter for tonight?' Zole asked. Did I forget to mention that he can speak by telepathy? Oh well.
"Sure, but we need to make sure we aren't in any danger." I said as I used my makeshift telescope to scout out the surrounding area.
"Ok, we are 5 kilometres from the base. We should be able to reach it by sundown tomorrow if everything goes to plan. Also, this is a safe place to sleep." I said as I grabbed one of the giant leaves from the nearby tree. I grabbed a second one and payed them on the ground to have a makeshift sleeping bag.
'Perhaps tomorrow will be better.' I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

Somewhere in a hidden location...
"Get team AZB on the case and get that child before he reaches sector 473-C" A mysterious man said as a second man nodded and called the team.
"If that kid gets there, he will discover the truth and we can't allow that." The mysterious man said once more.
"Not if I have anything to say about it." A mysterious voice whispered from a vent on the wall.