The Village

Ω POV
Me and Zole immediately made a sprint to the base. We need to cover as much ground as possible before sundown. Suddenly, a helicopter with the same men from yesterday appeared. They were even more prepared than last time.
I grabbed out my new and improved slingshot, which can now shoot coconuts like a gun. I loaded it up and started firing. The men just closed the helicopter's door to deflect the projectiles and fired back with a shotgun.
I just barely managed to dodge the bullets. I could feel them brush by me. They must have the aim of a stormtrooper.
"Zole, NOW!" I shouted as Zole opened up a portal above the helicopter, dropping a whole coconut tree on them.
At this point, I was getting tired from all that running. I never had run 1 kilometre before.
The Helicopter crashed to the ground and was blown to pieces, destroying some of the landscape.
But not even that was enough to stop the men as they just walked out of the explosion with different guns.
One had a Shotgun, 2 others had Ak-47s and the final one had a Shield with spikes on it.
"Boys." One of them, probably the leader, said. "Let's get them."
And with that, they all charged straight at me. The 2 with the assault rifles stayed back and attempted to shoot me whilst the other 2 either tried to shoot with a shotgun or ram into me with their shield.
"Zole, do something!" I yelled in panick.
He then opened a portal in front of the shield guy and made it so he ran into the shotgun guy. They both fell to the ground.
I grabbed my coconut gun and quickly fired the coconuts at them, knocking them unconscious. The two assault rifle men quickly reloaded their guns and tried to shoot me again but it was too late as I was already behind them. I shot 4 coconuts at each of them, knocking them unconscious.
"Come on Zole, we should get going. We only have 2 kilometres left." I said as we started walking off.

10minutes later...

Ok, how is there a random town in the middle of our path? And how did we never notice it? I shrugged it off as I navigated the alley ways to avoid attention.
"Well, hello there." A raspy voice said from a cardboard box. "I don't suppose you have any spare change?" He asked.
"I do not have any money on me, nor do I even own some money. I have been living alone in the wilderness for the past 9 years." I told him as he got sad. I don't like having to let people be sad, but there was nothing I could do. I tried to forget about it as I continued walking towards the base.
'This town sure is strange.' I thought as I walked past some strange graffiti with weird symbols on it.
'We should get going, we only have 1 kilometre left to go.' Zole said.
I nodded in agreement as we continued onwards and out of town.