CH-9 Campfire

Fortunately, there had been a camping tent in the car. "It's dusty! My skin will-" Priyanka whined while Anirudh cut her mid sentence "Ok then, go sleep in some bush, there is already less place inside the tent" Meanwhile Kripa and Batuk were still not finished with their staring session. 

"So Kripa?" Batuk grumbled "What do you like?" He asked "Your elder brother!" Kripa grinned mischievously. Bondita smacked her head from behind, "Well, I'm offended! It's me who raised you and you like him! You just met him few days back!" 

"Oh! You too met him few days ago di! Doesn't make much difference does it?" Kripa smirked and Bondita smirked back "Everything's cool Kripa! You just shift to my house!" Anirudh said. 

"Don't!" Batuk gave a silly warning "He will make you sit with a book all day! When I have finished studying he gives me novels to read" 

"That would be great! I love books!" Kripa said as she stood up and directly sat on Anirudh's lap "Kripa, my little sister! Can't you see that I'm setting the camp? Go disturb Priya!" He encouraged and indirectly mocked the sulking Priyanka sitting on a log. 

Bondita sighed as she stood up too, Anirudh smiled and said "Thank you!" While Bondita giggled mischievously. Suddenly everyone was grinning, All rest of them clung onto Anirudh wherever they could. Batuk scooted in the remaining place in his lap, while somnath and Priyanka hugged him both sides. Bondita slid her arms around him and back-hugged him. 

"Ow! All of you are heavy!" Anirudh complained. Everyone's lips curved downwards into a frown, as they begun saying how much they weighed. 

"Add up those" Anirudh huffed "Well Batuk I'm sure that after adding all of their weights it would be still less than you" He mocked. 

"Big D..." He whined "What?" Anirudh was dumbfounded at his new name." What does it mean?" "Big Dada! So Big D!" Batuk said 

"You are strange" Kripa said as she got off Anirudh's lap. "See, She's only twelve and understood she has to get up.. When will you three get mature enough?" Anirudh scolded "Oh hello! I'm your friend and that doesn't mean that you can scold me .." Bondita said and follwed Kripa who was grinning. She picked her up and whispered in her ear. 

"Now what's the reason behind your laugh?" "I was thinking, don't make me an aunt okay?" "Wait wait... I'm only 19 and there's no way I'm getting pregnant until 30" Bondita frowned. 

"Multiply Six thousand four hundred thirty seven by sixty five" Bondita asked sitting down with her in lap while Kripa snuggled into her. 

"Why?" Kripa questioned. Batuk spoke up "You can't solve it right? Dada give me paper and pen I will solve it!" Kripa frowned "It's Four hundred eighteen thousand four hundred and five"  "Is there something you don't know?" Bondita asked and puffed her mouth "Yeah, I don't know how to cook pizza" Kripa grinned like a Cheshire cat. 

"So what will you do when I'm hungry" Bondita pouted keeping her hand on her stomach. 

-- 

Burning embers of the campfire lighted the moonless night. Kripa just like in the car, was sitting on Anirudh's lap and playing with his shirt buttons, Anirudh and Bondita  her blush crimson red. Priyanka was the one sitting closest to the campfire watching every spark it gave. 

Batuk and Somnath were playing 'stone paper scissor'. 

"Who is the campfire of your life?" Kripa asked after a while "Elaborate please" Batuk rolled his eyes "The campfire gave light to this dark forest, Who gives light to your life? Who is your most important person in your life? Who is your hope? Who is your reason to live?" Kripa said and then sighed 

Batuk stood up and said "Listen Old woman! I'm still young and-" 

"It's not about young and old it's about childish and mature' Anirudh said fed up at their constant fight.  

"The difference?" Batuk asked back . Kripa angrily said "Do I have wrinkles? Do I cough all the time? Do I have problem in walking? If you answer yes to any of this then get your eyes and ears checked" And then showed her tongue.. 

"Hmmm ofcourse my twin sister, Priya" Anirudh smiled at Priya causing her anger to melt instantly. "And my campfire is...You!" She referred to Anirudh with a huge smile. "My brother!" Somnath said. "But I hate you!" Batuk protested "I mean my elder brother, he is my role model!" Somnath clarified looking away they never got along. 

"Food!" Batuk grinned. "Ummmm.... Bondita didi! And her Roshogula!" Kripa smiled. 

"And the only campfire in my life is Kripa!" Bondita said. 

"How?" Kripa asked genuinely surprised. Bondita pulled Kripa closer to herself and what she showed to Kripa, her blood ran cold. 

Hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment!