2

Okay so to point out, I also want to have a few non texting moments in this book, to make it a bit more fun and interesting. So here we go!

.

.

.

Mare stood a bit more straight and adjusted the guitar he had behind his back, attached to him by a strap, right before knocking on the door of the house he was at.

It was opened almost immediately.
"Oh, hi there, Mare!" Said man was greeted cheerfully by none other than MatPat himself. "Come on in!"

"Thank you, Matthew." Mare said as he stepped into the house.

"You come over quite often, nowadays." Mat spoke as he closed the front door.

"Um... Yeah." Mare replied with a bit of an awkward chuckle as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Mad and I are just close friends..."

"I noticed." Mat said as he showed Mare a friendly smile. "Stephanie and I will be away for an hour or two, any moment now, but Mad is in the living room with Oliver and Steph."

"Thanks." Mare just said before going to the living room. When he entered, he was met by Stephanie sitting on the couch with Oliver, telling him to behave while Mad is watching over him, and said alter ego was standing a bit away from them, having his arms crossed as he patiently waited for Stephanie to finish.

Though, he looked up when he saw Mare enter. "Hey." Mad greeted him as he walked over to the other and standing next to him.

"Hello to you, too." Mare greeted him back, smiling at him.

"You brought your guitar?" Mad asked as he eyed the intrument against Mare's back.

"Yeah. Just in case." Mare said as he simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Alright." Stephanie spoke as she stood up from the couch, revealing the long, black dress she wore. She walked over to Mad and Mare. "Thank you again for watching over him, and-"

"Nightmare!" Oliver suddenly shouted as he ran over to them, especially Mare.

"Hi there, buddy." Mare greeted the child as he crouched down more to his level, raising a hand to the child, who understood the assignment and gave him a high-five.

"-And it's nice that you're here, Mare." Stephanie finished her sentence.

"It's nothing. Go ahead and have fun with Matthew." Mare said as he looked up at Stephanie for just a second before going back to Oliver, who was giving him a bunch of high fives now.

"Yeah. Well, good luck!" She said before heading towards the hallway at the front door. The door soon sounded, making clear that the couple has left.

"So...... What to do?" Mare asked both Mad and Oliver.

"We still need to make dinner. Maybe we could do that?" Mad offered.

Mad stood up, holding the child in his arms now. He was good with children, despite the intentions he was created for. "Sounds fine by me. You wanna eat, Ollie?" He asked the child.

"Ya!" The child responded cheerfully.

"He can help set the table. He's done that before." Mad said as they made their way to the kitchen.

"Oh, you already know how to set the table?" Mare looked at the child as he asked him that, his voice in a bit of a baby voice.

Oliver nodded quickly. "Yes! I only dropped a plate once!"