12

About a week later, Blank hurried inside of the cinema after saying Jackie goodbye.

For some reason, Anti had asked Jackie to get Blank from LA. But Blank didn’t mind. Him and Anti had discussed a few things, and today they were going to watch Sonic the Hedgehog 2 together, like Anti said they should do!

“Hey Anti!” Blank greeted the glitch when he saw him leaning against a wall near the person that would check their movie tickets.

Anti looked up, and smiled softly as he watched his friend approach. “Hi.” He greeted him back. He quit leaning against the wall, and just then Blank really focussed on what the Septic ego was wearing.

No, he didn’t wear his usual, favorite outfit. Right now, he wore a sleeveless, black turtleneck and wide piped, light blue jeans with his usual black sneakers. He also wore spiked wristbands for the grudge aesthetic, and Blank also noticed real small wings made with eyeliner at his eyes.

Blank himself wore something more simple. A plain, dark gray t-shirt with a dark blue cardigan, black ripped jeans, and black-white checkered vans.

“I like your outfit.” Blank complemented Anti, trying to ignore the slightest bit of blush appearing on his cheeks, which was a darker gray than his light gray skin color.

God, he felt bad about these feelings. He got around Anti.

“Thank you.” Anti said with a bit of a dead tone in his voice.

Blank noticed the tone, and started to frown a bit. “Are you okay?”

Anti shrugged his shoulders, and turned away from Blank. “Let’s just get to the movie hall.”

Blank silently agreed, and just watched as Anti let their tickets get scanned, before the two of them walked further.
“You know you can talk to me, right?” Blank asked the glitch. “I don’t know if you see me as your best friend, but I do hope you see me as a friend that you can trust with basically your whole life.”

Anti glared at Blank for a moment before he stopped walking, sighing loudly.

Blank stopped walking, too. Standing next to his friend. "I'm sorry if I'm pushing you. You don't have to-"

"I tried to talk with Dark about the affection thing." Anti explained, crossing his arms uncomfortably. "But he said he was way too busy. He looked like he was trying to avoid talking to me at that moment… We got into an argument, and um… We both came to the conclusion that we'd be better off as friends."

"Oh…" Blank mumbled. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine." Anti said. "We weren't meant to be, obviously. We're supposed to be enemies, after all. He's always busy, and I just crave the worst amount of attention."

"I don't think it's the worst amount." Blank replied, making Anti glare at him. "You're just insecure about it because you had a relationship with someone that couldn't give you a small, simple thing you need. Everyone needs affection. Some need more than others, but I don't think your amount of need is that big."

Anti nodded slowly. "...Thank you. You always seem to… To cheer me up." He let out a scoff after saying that. "Pathetic of me, really."

"It's not pathe-"

"It's not pathetic to you, I know." Anti chuckled. "Man, why do you always talk stuff into positive things? I feel like I've gone soft for you thanks to it."

Blank couldn't help but blush at that. "I just- just don't like seeing my friends upset, you know?" He mumbled out. "I know what it's like to think so low of yourself, and it's anything but fun. I don't want to see my friends in such a position."