15|Boundaries

Alina
✿—————✿

"Erm. . .why not?" I questioned in a defiant tone, turning around to face the person who felt she could tell me what to and what not to do.

My eyes landed on an incredibly cute, but petite girl. She seemed Asian, with long fringed hair dyed a mix of strawberry pink and green—a color combo I was certain would scream chaos and disaster if I ever tried sporting them together. Her winged eyeliner design and blaring maroon lipstick were on point and her colored contact lenses made her tiny eyes a varying shade of amber and mahogany plus her sassy street clothes were bright and colorful, managing to not cross the fine line between creative fashion, and disastrous fashion.

"Because someone's trying to play a prank on you." She tossed an icy glare at the girls hovering around, and I felt more than grateful that I was not on the receiving end of that look. "What are you all still lingering around for?" she barked, placing a hand on her hip while striking a pose you'd expect from someone like Regina George from Mean Girls. "Show's over, get the hell outta here," she clicked her fingers at each row of girls, pointing them towards the exit.

Most of them glared at her for ruining the fun they were about to have at my expense, while a few others strutted off, releasing annoyed groans as they dispersed in various directions, emptying the hallway.

Turning around to face me with the same level of authority she had used to shoo the nasty girls away, she cocked her head to the left and sighed. "And you, you don't seem like you want to help yourself out." I stared at her with lost eyes. To be honest with you, I was too struck by the level of authority she swayed in such a petite body frame to come up with a reply.

"Everyone knows that there's always danger lurking wherever there's a crowd gathered, why were you acting so carefreely when they were hanging around here in that manner?" She walked up to me and I took a step backward. Just in case she was planning on unleashing that deadly stare on me as well.

I was better being safe than sorry.

She sighed and stopped in her tracks when she noticed I was backing away, smacking her forehead with a palm in the process. "Try to pay better attention to the warning signs from today okay," she sounded concerned. "Only God knows what chaos would have ensued had I not popped up when I did," she stretched her arms out, offering me a handshake.

I took a few seconds to consider. Who knows if she was about to pull one of those mad karate moves where you pretended to pull someone in for a handshake, and then ended up tossing them in the air and kicking them at their sides.

"Oh come on. . .I'm not going to bite ya," she said, wearing a friendly grin. When I didn't make any effort to take her hands she added, "I'm Jang-min Cho, Jake sent me to you?" with a bit of a questioning tone.

"Jake?" I repeated, beginning to loosen up a little. Why would Jake send her to me? did he feel like I maybe, needed protection or a bodyguard of some sort?

"Yeah, Jake. Aren't you the pretty hot chic that has stolen his heart?"

I smiled unconsciously at her little joke. "Okay, maybe I am pretty hot, but I'm not so sure of the stolen heart part,"

She huffed. "Girl you should've seen him describe you to us. He made you seem like the most fragile and prettiest little thing in the world. That for me is proof that he's into you,"

I maintained my smile. If only she knew that all Jake had said and done was an act...

Taking her hand in mine, I smiled at her in appreciation. "Well, thanks for popping to my rescue then," I said. She beamed, nodding her head. "To be plain honest, I did find their presence around my locker a little disturbing, but I chose to ignore them because hey, I can't stop people from staring strangely at me!" I coughed up a laugh.