18|Senior Royals

Alina✿—————✿

Alina
✿—————✿

Jake was staring at me like I was being delirious, it was so funny.

"You can't possibly be writing this down!" he cried, peering from over my shoulders.

"Shh... lower your voice. Someone might hear," I reminded him, smiling broadly as I wrote down the very first rule of our contract: No kissing on the lips. Jake is only allowed to give Alina a small peck on the cheek.

"Can I at least add something of my own?" he asked.

"Of course." I shrugged, passing his notebook over.

He doesn't waste any time writing: Alina is not allowed to fall in love with Jake.

"What? Why would I be the one to fall in love with you?" I groaned, snatching the notebook.

He winked at me, all smug and preppy. "Come on, we both know I'm incredibly hot and good-looking?"

Now, where have I heard that one before?

Oh right!

Jonah also happened to say something similar yesterday. Maybe feeling like you're the most good-looking person in the world came hand-in-hand with being a good actor?

Just saying...

Resisting the urge to roll out my tongue and gag, I said, "Get out of your head Jake. You're not that hot."

It was only after the words had left my lips and I caught the smirk on Jake's face that I realized what I'd just said. I chose to ignore him and his goofy grin and wrote: Jake is not allowed to fall in love with Alina.

I handed the notebook back, grinning like a five-year-old that had just spotted an Easter egg. There, we're even.

He stared at the paper blankly, all out on ideas.

A crazy idea hit me. Thinking it might not be too crazy for Jake, I suggested, "How about we do something that'll make Laurie pretty jealous? She's the reason we're doing this in the first place isn't she?"

His brows formed confused worms. "Something like?"

"What are the things Laurie loved making you do for her?"

His face brightened instantly. "First, she loved making me write her notes and pass them during classes. I think she loved getting caught by the teachers who always end up reading the notes for the entire class to hear."

I shook my head slowly. If Laurie had just asked for handwritten letters or poems every day, I would understand and say she was just a hopeless romantic, but the fact that she enjoyed having her personal notes read in class spelled the words P-S-Y-C-H-O to me.

"Too bad we don't share any classes," I said.

"Yeah, but I can always leave a note and a bouquet in your locker sometimes, make a big deal of it so people would notice me doing it and stuff?"