Chapter Two - Before School

*beep beep beep* *beep beep be-*

I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock and rolled out onto my bed. " [Y/N] COME DOWN HERE NOW. THERE IS A PACKAGE FOR YOU." My mom called out from the kitchen downstairs. I ran down the stairs so fast that when I got to the last step, I almost face-planted. There was no way that it was finally here. I saw the large box sitting on the kitchen counter. It was here. I picked it up and almost instantly dropped it. "Thanks, mum!" I sprinted up the stairs and set the package in my room. I stood in the centre of my room with my hands on my hips. I do although I cannot play with it until after school.

I went to my closet to choose a sweatshirt. Although I was semi-good-looking, I didn't like wearing tight-fitting clothes like the other girls at school. I decided on my favourite sweatshirt. It was a school sweatshirt that was grey, and I threw on some jeans. I cuffed the bottom just to make sure everyone knows of my status.

I looked at the alarm clock that was on the side of my bed. 5:46 AM. If school starts at 7:00 and I walk to school I would need to leave at about 6:25 to get enough time to talk with my friends before class starts. I had about 40 minutes to spare so I sat down on my bed and played on my phone. I just then remembered what happened last night. I peered out my window to see the boy sleeping at his desk. I thought about yelling out my window to wake him up but that would be seen as creepy to any person so I left him alone. I peered back to my phone and scrolled through TikTok.

*ding* *ding*

Oh shit, I fell asleep. I quickly picked up my phone and checked what time it was. 6:47. FUCK. I ran downstairs and grabbed my bookbag. I ran out the door and started running to school. after running for about 3 minutes I couldn't run any longer and started power walking my way to school. "HEY" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around to see the boy from next door running up behind me. "My mom wanted me to ask you if you wanted a ride to school." I stared at him for a second trying to see if he was joking or not but he looked genuine. "Fuck it, sure," I replied. He waved at his mom to pull up and I got in the back seat of his car. Now I know stranger danger but I would rather possibly be kidnapped by my next-door neighbour than be late to school.

=====================
(477 words)