Chapter 7 - The stream

"Hi again Mrs Simons, and hello Mr Simons." I say while Tom is dragging me up the stairs most likely to his room.

After Tom drags me into his room the first thing i notice is the desk in the corner of his room with a huge PC set up. "Oh my god, you have a PC?" I say while getting up from the floor and moving over to his desk. "I just got one today!"

"No way!! Do you play any sort of games?" He says following me over to his desk and turning on his PC as i sat down is his chair"

"No I dont, it was just shipped to my house today. I haven't even set it up yet.

"Well you know where to go if you need a-"

"OBS? Whats that." I say cutting him and opening OBS knowing that he was going to ramble on about how much he knows about computer.

"Oh dont open that. It's not that imp-"

He stopped talking after i pressed the start stream button. "What does 'Start Stream' mean?"

He quickly pushes me out of his chair and frantically starts looking for the mouse. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT, IM NOT. Sorry uh." He turns towards me and mouths 'are you okay with me saying your name?' I shake my head no. "Just call me Toast." I whisper.

"Hey chat! This is my new friend. Her name is Toast and she is a woman." He says while looking smugly at the camera.

(A/N: is smugly even a word?)

"What did i say about calling me a woman Tom." I say lightly punching his shoulder. He turns towards me and gives me a "angry" look. But all i can see is the blush that is starting to form on his face. He turns back to the camera. "Sorry Chat! Didnt mean to stream today. The woman made me do it." he says while pointing a finger at me and then seconds later he presses the end stream button.

"Now all my stans on twitter are either going to be shipping us or mad that i am friends with a girl" He says looking at me, "What do you want to do untill your parents get home?"

"We could play some Battle Ship"

"BORED GAMES??? WHATT. ARE YOU A NERD?"

*Ding*

He looks over to his computer to see what the notification was and then quickly tries to hide it. Unfortunately i couldnt read it but it must've been something really embarrassing.

"Sorry about that, My broth- Best Friend is asking who you are. His name is Wilbur"

"Just tell him who I am! I just dont want my name out in the public if thats alright with you," I say while smiling at him, "Now go get battle ship. I want to beat the shit out of you"

"Fine Fine." He says finishingn up his message and turning off his computer. He runs out of his room and runs down the stairs.

I quickly see that he left his phone and look at it

'Discord - @WilburSoot
Is the girl that was on your stream the one you used to tell me all the time about?'

I put his phone back down in a similar place of where it was before. All the time? I only just met him today and saw him for the first time yesterday.

He runs back up with the box and starts to set it up. We play about 10 rounds before i finally beat him. "HA, WHAT A LOSER, I WON, I BEAT YOU." I jump up from where i was sitting on his carpet and start jumping around and doing a little dance.

"i litterally beat you every single other time."

"AND? I won this time" I say starting to sit back down on the ground.

"TOM, AND [Y/N]. DINNER IS ON THE TABLE WHEN YOU ARE READY." I hear Mrs Simons call from downstairs.

We go down and grab some food and head back up to his room. We sit quietly as we eat out food. Tom just sitting on his phone typing away while stuffinf food in his mouth. Quite a sight to see. "Who you talking to?"

"remember the person i was talking about earlier?"

"Wilbur?"

"Yeah, He just keeps bugging me with questions about you. He is acting like i have some huge crush on you or something" His face slowly turning red.

I nod and dont push him any further. Bright lights shine through the window and the noises of what seem to be a car rolling down a driveway. "That must be my parents, i should probably go now." I say while getting up, plate in hand, "Thanks for everything today, especially the food. Your mom is a great cook."

"Wait a second. You are leaving now?"

"Yeah, I think my parents are home so its probably a good idea."

"Come here for a second" He says while pulling my hand.

I never noticed how tall he was compared to me until this moment. His perfect Blue eyes and messy blonde hair. His nose that was just slightly too big but still fit his face perfectly. I could see the hairs on his chin he missed while shaving. He pulls me into a hug. I stand there arms not quite wrapped around him yet. I slowly hug him back. "I should be saying thank you. I dont really have any friends since they all found out i was a weirdo."

I feel a blush form on my face and quickly get out of the hug. I give him a smile and walk out his door and down the stairs. Tom following close behind. I walk out the front door and he stops at the door. I turn towards him and wave bye. I definitly have a huge crush on my neighbor. i walk over to my house open the door and brace myself for what was about to happen.

————————————
(1006 words)