Chapter 6 - The Drive Home

"Hey Mrs Simons! Thank you for the ride home." I say while getting in the back and buckling my seat belt.

"Oh sweetie, its really no problem. If you ever need a ride just ask Tom!" She said while smiling at me in her rear view mirror.

I give her a big smile before opening up my phone and playing with my new discord account. TommyInnit... this kid really just is an idiot isnt he. I look at my account and look at the boring default discord profile picture. It would be a good idea to change that wouldnt it. I open up instagram with the intention of looking for a funny image to set as my profile picture. I scroll past what looks to be a cat wearing a chefs hat and holding a spoon.

I softly giggle and set it as my profile picture and set my Bio to"Why am i even here

"Why am i even here. I guess its Toms fault."

TommyInnit

what are you giggling about over there?

oh nothing just my profile picture

its not that funny 
i can hear you giggling

Tom turns back and looks at me with a red face and still giggling. "GUILTY, GUILTY I SAY!!!" I yell forgetting his mom was in the car driving us.

"Hey [Y/N], could you keep it down a few notches, i am driving here"

"Oh i am so sorry Mrs Simons. I didnt mean too."

"Its alright. What is your address by the way?"

"My address is 233 Castle Hill Way."

"No way! Tom and I live just next door!!"

"That is so cool!"

After a few minutes of Tom and I sending memes back and forth through Discord his mom says "We are here! Now get out of my car, alright."

I get out of Mrs Simons' car and start walking to the front door when i dont see my parents parked in the drive way. Hmm maybe the left. I am sure they didnt lock the front door though. As i walk up to the front door, i try to open it. it doesnt seem to budge at all. I walk down the driveway to check to see if my parents we smart enough to lock the back door. Surely enough they were. I was now locked out of my house with no idea of when my parents were coming back home. I walk back to the front and just sit on the steps of the front door.

"HEY! What are you doing outside all by yourself." Tom yells from his window in his room.

I turn to look at him and shrug my shoulders. "I am not really sure. My parents arent home so i have to wait out here"

"Well come over then! I am sure my mom wont mind." He said with a huge smile on his face. "And you would be able to meet my dad!!"  He runs out of view and then not much longer than 15 seconds later he is running around the fence that seperates our driveways and starts pulling me towards his house.

I try to stop moving and Tom just looks back at me funny. "Are you sure your parents dont mind. I dont want to be a burden. Im sure my parents are on their way back."

"Yes i am sure they dont mind. now get in the house." He says starting to drag me again. Oh god. What type of a ride am i in for.

————————————————
(585 words)