Chapter 6

After I went through the long corridor, I found myself in the weirdest main hall I've ever seen.

At least, until then.

Me:"What in the world...?"

The room itself was small, maybe a dozen of people could fit, but what in contrast it was way too tall.

The stairs went in circle to above, and some doors seemed to be blocked.

I mean, a door was literally covered of fire.

Me:"What is this place?"

Ghost Rider:'It's the inside of the tower. It's a dangerous maze, and we have to pass through if we want to reach the top.'

Me:"A maze? You can't be serious! I don't have time for this bulls**t!"

Ghost Rider:'I don't like the idea either, but we barely have choice here, so we'd better get moving.'

Me:"What are you talking about? Of course we have a choice."

I summoned my chains and used them to jump along the stairs.

Me:"All I need to do..."

After some more jumping, I reached the rooftop.

Me:"...is making an hole!"

I punched the rock with all my strenght, only to fall down for nothing.

Me:"What!?"

I landed on a staircase and pulled out my shotgun.

I opened fire various time, but all my blows were useless.

Me:"Not even a sratch?"

Ghost Rider:'Did you really think it would have been so easy? This tower has a powerful curse.'

Me:"But there must be some way to avoid this charade, I doubt that guy did it all and reached the top."

So I tried to force some doors.

I kicked them, punched them, shot them and even insulted them.

None budged neither a little.

Ghost Rider:'See? I told you, this thing won't work no matter what you try.'

Me:"Don't be ridiculous, there must be a way to open these door. I'll find it and I'll pass through.

I was more than ready for trying something else, when I heard the sound of someone snapping his tongue in denial.

???:"No, no, no. That won't work, lad. That's not how things work here."

I turned to the sound, and what I saw wasn't what I expected.

It was a man, but he was as short as a dwarf, his clothes were all dirty and ruined and he had a blue make-up like a clown. Even his hair seemed like a clown, and he was also pale.

Only later I found out what kind of monster he could...CAN...truly be.

???:"Seriously, even a high class demon wouldn't make a scratch, and a kid thinks he can? Talk about a bad joke."

My eyes were on him, making sure he wouldn't have done something suspicious.

???:"That said, you aren't a normal kid, are you? After all, you're the Ghost Rider! Your fame preceeds you. Oh, should I say IN-fame?"

He was a demon, I could tell that, but I hardly thought he could have given me answer.

So I just turned back to the doors again.

???:"Oh, not even a reaction? No 'how do you know me' routine?"

Me:"Hardly. You're not the first who already knew me before I could say my name. So if you wanted to surprise me, try again."

???:"Geez, so stiff. That said, who'd have thought it? First the twins, then two humans, and now the Ghost Rider. Makes me wonder who else will join the party."

That caught my interest. It meant there was someone else in the castle beside the power-thirsty swordman

Me:"And what about you? Are you a part of this too?"

???:"Who, me? Absolutely not! This is just a mess made by a ignorant child! I'm actually here to observe for my master, and if things goes too far, to stop this show."

Me:"Why? An invasion of demons in the world should be an opportunity for a demon like you."

???:"Only if well played. We've been lucky, but it's only a matter of time before those up there will make a move. And my master would rather prevent it, before things get too messy."

Yeah, you could say that was my very first time dealing with Angels and Demons.

Not that it really mattered

Me:"Oh really? And who is your master?"

???:"Who? Oh well, he's..."

He was about to say it, but then he stopped, watching me with an evil laugh.

???:"Say, usually I have no trouble reveiling his name, but how come you'd like to know?"

Me:"...Just a personal thing."

???:"You want to discover who's after your sorry a**, don't you?"

In that moment I almost wanted to roast him alive.

???:"Well, then pheraps we might find a...mutual agreement, so to speak."

Me:"Are you asking me to make a deal with a demon? No thanks."

I was about to leave but he was already in front of me.

???:"Aw, come on, at least hear me out. I promise a win-win scenario."

I didn't see him move, and he wouldn't have taken a no as an answer.

Me:"Fine. What are you proposing?"

???:"Oh, it's quite simple, really. You stop the fool who started this whole crusade for nothing, and I'll reveal my master's name. It isn't that hard for you, is it?"

I was on a corner. On words, it didn't seem anything worrisome at all.

But I knew somehow he could have tricked me however he liked.

That said, it's not like I was having progress on my side.

So I reluctantly shoke his hand.

Me:"Fine. But you'd better keep your hand of the bargain."

???:"Hey now, I'm a nice guy! You do your job, and I'll do mine. Cross my heart."

I didn't trust him at all, so I went to leave.

But before I did, I noticed I didn't have his name.

Me:"Say, what should I call you again?"

???:"Oops. Silly me, I completely forgot to entroduce myself. Oh well."

He bended down in a fake kneeling.

???:"You can call me...the Violator. A name, a program."

And that program would have never helped me again after that ordeal at Temen-ni-gru.