Chapter 17

Have you ever felt the need to rip your hair off and destroying something.

Now try to imagine you having that feeling for a whole hour.

And now forget it, because it's nowhere near of how I was feeling in that moment.

I was climbing the giant pillar on my bike, hoping to reach the top as soon as I could.

I couldn't care less about Hell unleashing on the Earth, or that a psycho was about to gain a great power.

I just needed a target to use as a punching bag.

Me:"Once we reach the top, I'll send that Arkham to the asylum he belong!"

Ghost Rider:'Quoting Lovecraft won't help here, this is serious.'

Me:"Yeah, like almost any other crisis I had to deal with."

Ghost Rider:'You keep ignoring that the opening of a gate to Hell, one of the many at least, will catch attention.'

Me:"Yeah yeah, I heard what Violator said, thanks. But can we really trust him."

Ghost Rider:'About this matter, yes we can.'

Me:"Of course."

Ghost Rider:'I know how you feel, but we can't let this getting worse.'

Me:"Well, if I keep this speed, we should reach the top in a few minutes."

I should have know the moment I tried being positive about something, everything would have gone shit.

I kept going until a lightning destroyed part of the pillar, stopping my race.

Me:"What now!?"

Without leaving the bike, I used the chains and I crashed in one of the many floors.

Ghosts Rider:'Kid! Are you ok!?'

Me:"I'll be better once I find whoever did...this..."

Sometimes you just need to ask what you want for having it.

Standing in front of me was a woman, her hand still covered of sparkles.

She seemed on her 30s, barely 40s, she had short black her and was slightly pale, with shiny red lips.

Wich wasn't very odd, since I met a younger girl in that tower.

The thing is, she wore a white suit wich would be better for a businesswoman.

And the worst part? That wasn't my only meeting with her.

Back then I didn't know her name, I was told later.

But that's another story.

Me:"This tower is getting too crowded, damnit."

I stood up removing the dust.

Me:"So, mind explaining that little stunt?"

She simply cracked her neck as she approached me.

Me:"What? Not the talking kind? That might cause problems."

I got ready. I couldn't see any weapon on her, but if she could use thunders I knew I could low my guard.

And yet, she did the most simple thing of the word.

She tried to punch me.

And I immediately tried to block it, but I completely underestimated her.

Despite the fact I grabbed it, the fist didn't stop, breaking my arm, my jaw, and making me fly some meters away.