Chapter 19

I suppose you know about the third wheel, don't you?

Well, he was the third wheel I didn't need.

Dante:"What's with those faces, aren't you happy to see me?"

Arkham:"Dante..."

Me:"If I say I'm not, will you get out of the way?"

He jumped down and landed next to me.

Dante:"Funny, that should be my line. This is family business, so toodle-oo."

Me:"You just can't-"

Arkham:"Indeed. It's fitting for you to be here. So, what do you think after looking at your father's image?"

Dante:"It's like staring into a backed-up toilet."

Me:"Seriously? More jokes!? Is this all a game for you!?"

Dante:"Kid, you should learn to chill out a bit. It won't hurt you, pinky promise!"

At that I could only get angrier. While Arkham started to laugh.

Arkham:"You can still talk big after seeing THIS!?"

And once again his body began to change. But unlike earlier, there was something odd.

It was like he was morphing in something completely different. Even his voice was different.

Arkham:"I feel the devil's power overflowing my body! The power of Sparda!"

Even Dante stopped smiling. He was changing into some sort of giant blob with tentacles.

Me:"He's utterly disgusting!"

Dante:"Dude, my father wasn't so hideus. Can't you see it by looking at me?"

He smiled at his reflection on his sword.

Me:"Please..."

Dante:"Anyway, that shape suits you better. Let us begin the main event!"

I got ready at his side.

Me:"Sorry, but you won't get rid me."

Dante:"...Eh, fine. As long as you don't steal my big moment."

I grabbed my shotgun.

Me:"All yours."

He tried to hit us with a tentacle, but we jumped away.

I started shooting at him, while Dante didn't waste time and got close enough to hit him with the sword.

Our blows were hurting him, but he ignored the defense, only focused to attack us.

Me:"What's wrong with him? He seems got crazy."

Dante:"You think? I don't see differences compared to before."

He then tried to throw part of his body as bullets, wich I blocked with my chains.

Ghost Rider:'My guess is he can't control all that power. He is a human after all, so his body and mind can't withstand the burden.'

Me:'And that's...good, isn't it?'

Ghost Rider:'Indeed. You could have faced a demon, but you're facing an animal.'

Then he disappeared on the ground.

Me:'A cornered animal.'

Dante and I got ready, then the tentacles came out in the shape of snakes toward us.