[7]

300 reads! Thank you, wow!

~ ~ ~

"Fuck," Harry sighed, downing another shot. He knew it wasn't really fair, leaving Louis at home with their son and another boy Louis didn't even like, but he honestly couldn't handle it.

"You okay?" the bartender asked, cocking an eyebrow at Harry. This had been Harry's third shot in, like, five minutes.

"Yeah. Fine," Harry breathed, doubling over to rub at his temples.

"What's going on?" The bartender passed Harry a glass of water, and Harry frowned at it. The bartender gestured for him to drink, and Harry scowled, but obeyed.

"My husband's leaving me," Harry grinned, and then laughed. It was so fucking ridiculous.

"And...that's funny?"

"No," Harry said, sobering immediately. "No. It's awful. It fucking sucks, actually. We've a son. Two. Two sons. Kind of." Harry stared into his glass of water. "Things are weird. Can I have another shot?"

The bartender hesitated. "How can you kind of have two sons?"

"Shot. Please." Harry blinked a few times. Things were getting bleary and twisted.

"Finish your water."

Harry squinted at him. "What's your name?"

"Liam," the bartender said, smiling a little.

Harry nodded. "Okay. Okay, Liam. Okay, okay, okay. I'm Harry." He sipped at his water. "The second son, the other boy, he's the reason my husband is leaving me."

Liam winced. "Blaming your kids isn't good, Harry."

"I don't blame Zayn. Louis, my husband, he does."

"Why?" Liam asked, resting his arms against the bar.

"Because he isn't real. He's a character in stories I told Niall, and then he appeared at our house." Harry drank more water.

Liam rose an eyebrow. "You're drunker than I thought."

"No, I'm not," Harry said. "I'm not nearly as drunk as I want to be, though. Another shot, Liam, please."

"You seem pretty wasted already."

"I'm not," Harry half-whined. "Louis thinks Zayn is a threat. But he just loves Niall. And me. And I love him, too. Niall is happy now. Happier. Louis says he's a monster."

"You're serious," Liam said, surprised. "That's real?"

Harry nodded. He drunkenly fumbled for his phone in his pocket, and showed Liam his lock screen. It was Zayn and Niall hugging, beaming at the camera. "That's Niall and Zayn."

"When is your husband leaving?" Liam asked.

"He's already started moving out," Harry laughed, and Liam slipped him another shot.

~ ~ ~

"Harry, are you fucking kidding me?" Louis raged as he pulled the front door open. Liam was standing there, helping Harry stand upright. "Who the fuck are you?"

"Liam," Liam answered. Harry had stayed at the bar until close, and Liam had been kind enough to take him home. "I take it you're Louis."

"How the hell do you know that?"

Liam winced. "Hary's a real catch, Louis, I can tell, and half the time he talked to me he was drunk." Harry giggled drunkenly then, as if on cue. "He loves you a lot."

"Yeah, well...he's got a bit too much on his plate for me right now. Plus, I don't need relationship advice from you," Louis snarled, and Liam's eyebrows shot up.

"He told me about Zayn," Liam added, not really sure why he said it. "You're being a real asshole about it." He helped Harry inside, and glared at Louis on the way out. "You're an idiot if you let him go."

~ ~ ~

"What the hell?" Harry groaned, the sunlight streaming through the window way too bright for him. His head was throbbing, and his mouth tasted like death.

"HUNGOVER MUCH?" Louis yelled, and Harry groaned louder at the sound of Lou's voice.

"What the fuck, Louis?"

"YOU TOLD SOMEONE ABOUT ZAYN!" Louis continued yelling, not even caring about Harry's headache. "YOU WENT AND GOT WASTED AND GOT HOME AT THE ASS CRACK OF DAWN! THIS ISN'T HOW I WANTED IT TO BE, HARRY! ME, YOU, AND NIALL WERE FINE BEFORE ZAYN!"

"Zayn has been nothing but good." Harry stumbled over his words.

"I CAN'T DO THIS, HARRY!"

"THEN LEAVE!" Harry yelled, suddenly so, so angry. "LEAVE! WE DON'T NEED YOU! WE'LL BE FINE ON OUR FUCKING OWN!" But he was crying as he yelled it, because he loved Louis, he did, and he didn't want him to go. "Louis, I love you, I love you, I love you, but this isn't right. I don't want you to go but you have to," Harry wept, feeling so many different emotions that he could barely understand himself.

"I know," Louis said quietly. "It isn't right."

Harry couldn't really breathe. "I..."

"I know," Louis said quietly, and he kissed Harry's forehead, and then he was gone, and Harry was alone again. And he was sad, but not as sad as he thought he was going to be.

Quietly, quietly, Zayn and Niall made their way into their daddy's room and curled up against him in the bed. Harry pressed kisses against their foreheads, and whispered to them, "It'll be okay, it'll be okay, it'll be okay."