Closure

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS IT'S 12 IN THE AFTERNOON" Tom yelled while banging a pot and ladle. A groan was heard from the other four adults as they woke up. As soon as Alicia looked at the clock, her eyes widened. Tom was in a lot of trouble. "Sorry?" he said, more like asked before sprinting away from Alicia. Zendaya rolled her eyes and went to the washroom.

Sarah and Haz were still on the bed in a very couple-y position, even though they weren't awake. After the running died down, the other three adults peeked their heads inside, silently 'awwing' (is that a word? I don't know) at the yet-to-become-a-couple. Only if Harrah could see what was going on in each other's minds. 

A few minutes later, they heard a scream and went inside Harrison's room. There, they saw Harrison and Sarah in two corners of the room pointing at each other. Well, when you get drunk, you don't remember anything that happened the night before.

"Did we?" Sarah asked. "I DON'T KNOW YOU TELL ME" Harrison replied, more like screamed. "What the bloody hell is going on here" asked Alicia. "We woke up in the same bed next to each other. And I think we did it" Sarah hissed. "You both don't remember anything from last night?" Tom raised an eyebrow. Both of them nodded no. "I'll tell you one thing. All of us slept in one bed." Zendaya told. "OMG we did it in a gr-" "HARRISON" Sarah cut him off before he could continue. Alicia looked disgusted while Tom and Zendaya held a weird look. "We didn't do anything. Just got drunk and passed out, according to the situation here. Right?" Sarah asked the others present in the room. "Yeah" "Thank God nothing happened" she muttered under her breath so no one could hear. "More like Oh God why didn't anything happen" Zendaya whispered to her before walking away, making the woman blush furiously.

"That's it I'm saying her today" Harrison said when he saw Sarah dancing to Mr. Brightside with Zendaya and Alicia. "Oh my God she's so beautiful" Tom spoke. Harrison looked at him. "What?!" he asked Tom "Z is so beautiful. Mate I think she is the one" Tom whispered his eyes still glued to the actress. Harrison rolled his eyes, too busy to care about Tom's love life when his is not in a good place.

~Time skip bought to you by me trying to make pancakes from Harrison's video and ultimately failing~

"Alright people I'm heading out" Sarah said. "I'll join you" Harrison announced. Alicia wolf-whistled, causing the two to glare at Alicia.

They walked together talking about random things.  Somehow, they did not run out of things to talk about until Harrison pulled her from the street and into his chest when a car drove by. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING RY? YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED" he yelled. Sarah flinched at the sudden yelling and Harrison's eyes softened. "Hey you okay?" he asked, not wanting to push anything. "As a matter of fact, no" she replied, whispering the last word. "Come on we'll go to our spot and you can talk about it" he said.

'Their' spot was actually a tree in a park. That tree was actually the spot of almost everything important in their life. Both of them climbed on top of the strongest branch which was a few feet above the ground. They sat in complete silence for a few minutes until Harrison broke the silence. "Wanna tell me what's going on?" Sarah simply sighed and continued staring at the cluster of stars in the night sky that are usually hidden due to the smoke. This unlocked a core memory when the two of them were 12 and 11, naming constellations which reminded them of something significant present in their pre-teen lives. "Remember when we used to come up here and joke around or just sit in the silence enjoying each other's company? I missed it so much. After we had the fallout, whenever I wasn't crying in my room, I used to sit up here. These leaves, I'm pretty sure, hold a lot of melancholy and heartbreak that isn't even theirs." 

Harrison has had his fair share of regrets. But this one ate him up so much that even though the both of them were on pretty good terms, he tried his best to maintain his distance so that he doesn't hurt her again. But all of that seemed to disappear when he was around her. It was just him and her in a safe little bubble where the rest of the world and their problems don't exist. "Yeah I do. And Ry, I'm so sorry. I was just so in my head mistaking my hormones for love that I was ready to do whatever any girl who came in my way told me to. There's not a single day that I wouldn't turn back time and talk sense into the younger version of me and ther- 

"Calm down Haz, I was just reminiscing." she said, amused and kinda feeling bad that he is still stuck at that point of time. Sarah still experiences an enormous amount of guilt, not making more of an effort for making him stay. "So Ry, what's been bothering you?" he asked, trying to rid her of her problems. 

"You know that feeling of emptiness that washes over you when you're at the top of the world? Haz, my head has never been a safe space for me and now I'm at a point where it seems like one small shove will tip me over the edge." she said with tears stringing her eyes. "Why do you feel that way?" He asked her. "I have never been away from home. I thought having my own place would do me some good, away from the chaos. But I miss it. Every corner of my house taunts me. I want to move back, but I don't want to burden my parents anymore. I've been living with them for more than twenty years, it's time that they gained control of their own house. Sometimes when I'm having a good laugh all I can think about is how loud I'm being and how it is uncomfortable to others. Somehow all that spirals into me hating everything I do. I've been overworking myself lately. I have a really good college degree, but here I am working in a coffee shop. I don't remember the last time I picked up my guitar, re-watched How I Met Your Mother or stopped and make out shapes from the clouds. I just want one day to myself where I can have a relaxing time, but yea as you can see, I'm no good with my thoughts. I hate being so delicate" The last few words came out more as a whisper. She wiped the tears rolling down her cheeks that she hadn't even noticed. 

To her left, she watched as Harrison was lost in his own thoughts, reflecting at her in pain. "Ry I didn't know you felt this way. Why didn't you tell this to any of us? Or me? I thought we were friends." It pained her as much as it pained him to refer to them as friends. "That's the thing Harrison. We're friends. I don't think I'm gonna survive you walking out once again. I've already faced that and I think one more of that will make you a sadist." She laughed but then stopped realizing it wasn't funny. Nevertheless, the blue eyes released a laugh so mesmerizing that she forgot she just poured her heart out to him. "Hey Sarah?" "Yea?" she replied with a confusing tone since he never called her by her name. Maybe it was the close proximity between them that they didn't notice their their hands together. Or  it was the midnight chill that made her rest her head on his shoulder, but one thing led to another and they were in her apartment in no time, clothes on the floor and a lot of heavy breathing. 

A/N- So......that just happened