Chapter 9 - Priceless Tears

Mizuki adjusts the uniform on her body. Tying her hair up, she pins it into place. 

"You're leaving already?" Oda leans on the doorframe.

"Yep," Mizuki hums. "No more hellish training for you guys."

"Does that mean I join the ADA?"

"Yes," Mizuki hums. "I already told Yukichi about it."

Oda hums. "How long?"

"I'll infiltrate the ADA when I finish training." Mizuki hums. 

"I'll wait for you then," He smiles.

"Ah," Mizuki remembers something. "Before I go."

She presses a gentle kiss to Oda's cheek. "Till death do us part. Just in case you end up in the crossfire again."

Oda turns pink.

Mizuki makes it into the organization with ease.

"I heard you were supposed to be the next boss before your friend betrayed you." The boss smiles.

"Ah..." Mizuki scratches her cheek. "I wasn't expecting my own executive to usurp me with a teenager."

"Then, I'll pair you with one of our best members. Jouno."

 Mizuki's eyes glimmer mischievously.

"I heard you don't have an ability."

"I do," Mizuki smiles. "It's just passive." 

"May we see it?"

Mizuki racks her brain to steal an ability, and settles for not using another. Her indestructibility was enough.

"I'm indestructible." She smiles. 

"Take the bullet."

He fires a gun at her, and the bullet bounces off of her.

"Excellent. Jouno?"

Jouno makes a move, and she takes the blade to her face. It bounces off as well.

"Excellent..." A shitty smile carves itself onto his face. "have you ever... performed services for the old boss?"

"No, sir," Mizuki smiles, shaking her head. 

"You're a virgin?"

"Not quite," Mizuki smiles. 

"Would you-"

"Not before I establish my position, sir," Mizuki smiles. "I didn't get close with the boss until I was an executive."

"I see," He smiles. "But you'd move up faster if you were with me, no?"

Mizuki smiles the same smile she gave the old boss. The same smile that made him fall hard for the immortal. The smile that gave innocence; A double-sided sword. The smile that wrote a book, the same smile that had seduced so many men in her lifetime. "Sir, maybe I'll show you what the previous port mafia boss loved about me so much some time."

Jouno hears her heartbeat change for the first time that night.

Anger. She seems quick to anger.

The boss laughs heartily. "Of course. I'll look forward to it. Right, what's your name?"

"Mizuki," She smiles.

The two are excused, and Mizuki follows Jouno as he shows her around the base.

"I'm surprised he's letting me teach you." He grumbles. "You seem weak."