Chapter 20 - The virus

Mizuki watches from the cameras.

"I found him."

Dazai moves.

"I don't plan on using any of you, except Dazai and Atsushi," Mizuki smiles. "I just invited you all for a drink."

"Mizuki-sensei... neither of us are legal," Atsushi rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Don't worry," Dazai hums. "It's non-alcoholic."

"Ah?" Atsushi stares at the drink Mizuki slides in front of him. 

"I assure you," Mizuki smiles. "I may be morally grey, but I wouldn't hurt a minor."

Atsushi drinks it before Kyouka does.

"It's good," His eyes light up. "It's really good!"

"I'm glad," Mizuki slides a second cup to Kyouka. "I just wanted to check in."

"We're good," Atsushi smiles. "Dazai-san... has changed quite a bit."

Mizuki smiles. "He has, hasn't he?"

"Though he still jokes about committing suicide," Atsushi grumbles.

Mizuki glances at Chuuya, arguing with Dazai.

"I suppose this life is less evil than the last."

Dazai sits at the cafe, sipping on a cup of tea.

Mizuki stares at the room, the virus slowly taking over the computer. 

"Futon." The system recognizes Mizuki's voice, and changes instantly. The virus stops downloading, and Mizuki watches the virus get cleaned. The mouse sizzles, and Mizuki grins. "Mammon, have your fill."

The ability enters the electrical signal, and Mizuki sits back, sipping on her wine.

"That's nice," Mizuki watches Atsushi destroy Ivan with Akutagawa, and Mizuki waits for Mammon to return. "Did you get caught?"

No. The other futon user nearly messed me up.

"How unlike you," Mizuki hums, staring at the mouse.

The symbol of Rashomon devours it, and Mizuki smiles. 

"Dinner time," Mizuki leaves the room, the sun blaring in her eyes. It burns from sitting in front of a screen for so long.

"Kaa-san! Dinner time!" Ranpo cheers from downstairs.

"Ran-chan, can you even cook?" Mizuki chuckles as she steps down the stairs. Staring at the cameras on her phone, she smiles at Ranpo's food.

"I got it delivered," He grins.

"Valid," Mizuki opens the boxes, and smiles. "Ah, it's my favorite! Thank you, Ran-chan."

Ranpo digs into his meal as Mizuki stares at her phone. She stares at Mori and Fukuzawa punch Pushkin, and she dials Yosano's number.

"Yo-chan?"

"Ah, Kaa-san."

Mizuki watches the two men stop.

Mizuki holds the scalpel in her hand, effectively crushing it. "Mori, I didn't know you were going to try and kill my husband again."

"To be fair, he wasn't your husband in our first life," Mori shrugs playfully, a smile on his face. 

Mizuki stares at the cat that entered the room.