Chapter 10 - Mirror Lion

"Are you sure about this?" Fukuchi smiles.

"Come at me, ojii-san," Mizuki grins cheekily. Fukuchi charges at her, and the two meet in the middle. 

Left

right

left

left

low

high

Mizuki keeps up with the pace he attacks her; and he raises a brow in acknowledgment. 

"Wow, oji-san," Mizuki smiles. "If I were any weaker, I'd be dead by now!"

Fukuchi changes his attack method, switching to Kyusho Jitsu. His fingers aim for her pressure points, and Mizuki hisses. Those hurt more than punches. Forcing her back, Fukuchi seems like he has the upper hand at that point. Mizuki forces her up the wall, and she bites down on the urge to change abilities. Biting down on her own tongue, she bounces off the wall, landing a clean cut with her nails on Fukuchi's face.

Fukuchi visibly stumbles back, and Mizuki takes the chance to land a blow on his back, right where his spine was.

Blood comes out of his mouth from the impact of her punch.

"That's enough," Fukuchi holds both of his hands up. "Don't go around beating up an old man, come on!"

Mizuki lowers her fist, and bounces out of the way when a sword appears through space.

"THIS OLD MAN IS ACTUALLY TRYING TO KILL ME!" Mizuki shrieks as she dodges the sword. "JOUNO-SAN, HELP ME?!"

Jouno steps in. "That's enough. We just needed her to land a hit on you, right?"

"I'd like to see if she can actually render me unconscious," Fukuchi hums. "With my sword."

"NOT THE SWORD!" Mizuki sobs. 

Fukuchi raises a brow at her antics.

"Say, how stable is your personality?"

"I've been called a seven-faced bitch for most of my life," Mizuki brushes the dust off her outfit. "I'm about as stable as a paperclip floating on water."

Fukuchi sighs. "Let's use swords."

"LET'S NOT, OLD MAN!" Mizuki puts a hand on her forehead and bends backward in exasperation.

"MIZUKI-CHAN-!" 

Mizuki flips back, and Fukuchi's sword narrowly misses her back. "MY HAIR?!?!?!?!?"

"Fight me with a weapon of choice, young lady," Fukuchi smiles. "Any of my weapons are open to you, granted you can get past me."

"Vain old man," Mizuki grumbles. She avoids the blade coming in from all directions, and she groans. She doesn't want to grab the blade, but at the pace at which she was getting pushed back, she had to sooner or later.

"Ikkadakimasu," She hums, grabbing the blade with her hand. Pulling it forward, she finds herself holding the same sword as the old man.

"Oh, neat," She smiles.

"Indestructibility?" Fukuchi glances at her hand.

"Nothing cuts my skin." Mizuki meets him in the center again. Her blade scratches against his, and it almost seems like he's going to win. "And, isn't it cheating if your ability enhances swords?"

"Oh? You can't die either way, can you?" Mizuki uses her arm as a shield, and slices Fukuchi's neck.

"Come back from the future, old man," Mizuki laughs.

He cuts space itself, and he smiles at her. "I'll let you talk to the government."

"It's not like blades can pierce my skin." She hums, and stretches her body.

"Ah, right." He shrugs. "Couldn't you have just told us to begin with?"

Jouno steps up to Mizuki. "Are you alright?"

"Alive," She smiles. "You're fine, right?"

"Yeah," He smiles at the girl.

"Are you two a thing?"

Mizuki, for the first time that day, drops to the ground in laughter. She shakes from how hard she's laughing, and Jouno smiles mischievously. "A... a thing... with my own... boss?!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAA-"

Jouno smiles slightly. "That would be funny."

"WOULDN'T IT?" Tears form in the corner of Mizuki's eyes. "Ah... what a good laugh."

Jouno tilts his head. "What will I be doing? Since she doesn't need surgery."

"I'll lead you," Fukuchi stares at Mizuki. "You over there."

"yes, sir!"

"Take her to the training room." He orders the guard. "I'll pick her up to talk to the government in a bit."

"Yes, sir!" The guard leads her down the halls. Everything is painted in white, modernistic colors. It seemed surreal. 

"Admiring the artwork?"

"I was hoping I could fingerprint in the building in my free time, or something." Mizuki hums. "It looks like a psych ward."

"Talk with the commander about that. Granted you get accepted and survive the training, you'll become one of the most powerful people in the world."

Mizuki smiles. "Lovely."

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you join the Hunting Dogs?"

"An opportunity presented itself," Mizuki's smile is a little more sinister. "There's nothing like world domination."

"You have quite the humor," He laughs nervously.

"So I've been told," Her smile returns to normal. "Is this the room?"

She stands inside, and she meets eyes with someone familiar.

"Ta-chi-ha-ra-kun," Mizuki's eyes form crescents, and the smile on her face hurts her cheeks. "Pleasure seeing you here!"

Tachihara looks back, staring at the woman, wide-eyed, fear pumping through his body.

"M-Mizuki-sensei?"

Her smile drops.

A droplet of gold.

Date: XX - XX - XXXX

Fukuchi and Mizuki finish with a draw. Mizuki landing a hit on his face and spine from hand to hand combat, and then killing him with the blade. While Fukuchi took care of Jouno and the surgery room, Mizuki was led to the training room, where she meets Tachihara officially.