Chapter 2 - Thou Shalt Not Die

"YOU INTEND TO TAKE HER BACK INTO THAT HELL AGAIN?!" Mizuki yells. "IS SUCH THE ACT OF A HUMAN, MORI-SENSEI?!"

"THAT GIRL, FOR THE TRIPARTITE PACT... SHE IS THE CORNERSTONE OF THIS CITY'S PEACE TO OVERTHROW THE CURRENT MAFIA BOSS. USING YOSANO-KUN'S UNDEAD REGIMENT IS THE OPTIMAL SOLUTION FOR US!"

"OH, SHUT UP, YOU HEARTLESS PEDOPHILE!" Mizuki's sword clashes with his scalpel. "YOU REALLY THINK TRAUMATIZING A CHILD WAS PART OF NATSUME-SENSEI'S PLAN? YOU LACK HEART!"

"HEART?!" Mori approaches her neck with his blades. "WAR! IT'S A GAME WHERE THE SIDE THAT CONTEMPLATED HEARTS IS THE FIRST TO LOSE!"

"IS BEING HUMAN NOT PART OF WAR?!" Mizuki hisses. "IS HEART NOT WHAT MAKES US HUMAN?"

"THE OPTIMAL SOLUTION-"

"OPTIMAL SOLUTION, MY ASS! I HOPE YOU LIKE THE ENDING OF YOUR ABILITY!"

"THE ONLY THING THAT'S ENDING TODAY IS YOUR LIFE."

Fukuzawa watches the two without a word.

"Fukuzawa," Ranpo speaks up. "Shall we go?"

"Who do you think will win?"

"Okaa-san," Ranpo shrugs. "She doesn't feel exhaustion."

"I suppose," Fukuzawa hums. "Take Yosano-chan out."

"Hai," Ranpo nods. He pushes the girl down the halls, and Fukuzawa stares at Mizuki.

"WHY AREN'T YOU BEING HURT?!"

"BRO, I'M LITERALLY IMMORTAL. DID YOU FORGET???" Mizuki's blade pierces his shoulder. "I DON'T GET HURT! THIS IS POINTLESS!"

"THEN TAKE THE DAMMED GIRL-"

"Did you think I was going to not take her? Bro, my son has her already." Mizuki stops fighting and stands there as Mori pants for air. 

"Son?"

"Didn't I tell you?" Mizuki hums. "I had kids with Yu-chan."

"Hard pass. You don't ovulate."

"Boring ass doctor," Mizuki sighs. "So?"

"How are you going to take over without Yosano?"

Mizuki sighs. "Do I look like I need a doctor, when I can just seduce the old man? He's on his deathbed. He's definitely going to want pleasure in something other than killing."

"You plan on bedding him?"

Mizuki howls in laughter. 

"I may have been an Oiran, but I'm not a promiscuous woman," Mizuki smirks playfully. "You can watch me."

Mori sighs. "Are you not worried about your wife?"

Fukuzawa shrugs. "No. I trust her."

"How romantic, Yu-chan!" Mizuki gushes. "It's a shame, Mori. Had you clung onto the girl, I would've had an excuse to lock you up!"

"huh?" Mori raises a brow. "You're into that?"

"Hm..." Mizuki thinks. "Not quite. Just something close to a memory. Also, it's not like I'm wrong for locking you up."

"You're not wrong," Mori sighs. "But you'd end up in jail too."

Mizuki chuckles. "I'd end up in hell."

Fukuzawa finally walks up to the two.

"That's enough."

"Sorry, Yu-chan," Mizuki grins.

"Fukuzawa-dono! Control your wife!"

"Shut up before I lock you up." Mizuki barks back.

"Mizuki."