Chapter 2 - Part 1 "Responsibility"

??? POV

So I made it to the next day huh? My body still felt a bit heavy. The pain still lingered from the wound of yesterday. I opened my eyes.

"?!!"

What the hell? The white ceiling that I first see every time I woke up was now tainted with red. It looked like it was filled with red cracks.

I immediately raised my body's upper half. The entire room was covered with red lines. I quickly looked towards the other people to gauge if they also noticed it... They were also covered in those lines. I switched gazes at my arms and the rest of my body, I also had those lines on me. What the hell is this? The others didn't seem to act differently. Am I the only one who can see this? Have I finally gone mad?

"Gh!.. "

My head began to ache. It hurts. I closed my eyes for a few seconds. I felt relief from the pain while I couldn't see anything. Looks like my vision was causing this headache.

I put my left hand on the wound I had received yesterday. It wasn't bleeding. In fact, it was now closed. So, there's still a person here with a heart huh? They probably used magecraft to heal me late last night. This wasn't a place suitable for those who help others. It would be better just to save every once of your power for yourself.

As the day kept on going, my headache never went away until I closed my eyes. I had struggled through the tasks given to us with my head feeling like it was being impaled. The instructors, the one-sided glass, and all the equipment all had those scribbles. The more I focused on the lines, the headache becomes more severe.

It was now our time to practice magecraft. I activated Memory Partition, a spell that allows me to have multiple thought processes at once. The moment I had it active, the pain slowly subsided. I at least found a way to stop the pain. If there was no way to get rid of it, I might not be able to make it through the intense tasks given to us.

Later in the day, I was stepping on one of the cracks on the floor. I had nothing else to do so I touched it but noticed that my fingernail sank inside the line. I traced the line with the tip of my nail and it looked like I was cutting through it. Isn't this solid concrete? It seems there were more to these random scribbles than I initially thought.

When it was the end of the day, I was tired. But, I grabbed a small metal plate that was on one of the empty beds. No one would be able to use these anyway since the person that used this didn't survive. The other children either looked at me with curious glances or were too tired. I used magecraft to tear it into pieces. I got a sharp piece and traced one of the lines of the empty bed. It was like using shears on thin fabric. The bed then collapsed. I see, there were more things I wanted to try, but I need to do them discretely. Doing any more would attract attention. But there was one problem... how can I deactivate this ability?

I see. So that's how it is. I had awakened from the memory that wasn't mine. It belonged to the person who was sleeping soundly by my side. His wish was a simple one.

"Don't worry my husband, your desire will be granted along with mine."

Ayanokouji POV

"Care to explain, Kiyotaka-kun?"

"... "

"Please answer, I don't want to be forced to use my magecraft."

"Well, I suspected you may have knowledge of Mystics. You've been to that place after all."

I was currently in the office of the school chairman.

"Well, you are correct. So, what happened in the area with destroyed pavements? No one would use magecraft carelessly. Was there an intruder of sorts?"

"Yeah, of sorts."